HEAT deck - inception

daphne

Count me in. I wouldn't mind having a go as long as it doesn't become a mass of misgivings and ifs and buts with threads 10,000 posts long. And it comes with a physical print; and there's a card available to suit my limited drawing capability. I'm better with the female figure.

I recently joined in another one. I picked the card I wanted to do and did it to fit a template and that was that. No fussing.

I agree with this point of view. In an ideal world maybe we could have this kind of project going smooth with no 10000 posts. But we are in this other world now.

trzes

If I understand Solandia's post right, HEAT would need to be done off forum.

In any event that might be easier - set up one of those free forums and do it there.

@ cenozoic Previous AT decks have been pirated. That is life. Many printed ones have been too.

I didn't read it that way. But your skills in kremlinology are most likely much better than mine. And it wouldn't hit me by surprise. So I had already thought of such an external forum too.

No 5thAT cards will be part of HEAT. Other deck, other cards.

Is that an obligatory decision? I won't be happy with this, but at least it will save me from putting another long post of mine into halfway proper English and thus from further fights with gregory with this issue being settled. Peace and that :D

(I was about to cross post, of course you don't decide alone, ... so to post or not to post ...)

daphne

Because that one is TOTALLY controlled. ONE person has the hi-res images, drops them in the template, prints them for those artists who order a copy, collects the cash, mails them, and that's the end. No-one else can get them, ever.

This one is not controlled in that way - not so far anyway.

This one does not exist. All mentioned here above is not even established, how, who, templates, all.

daphne

Although I expressed my own reservations about this deck, I think daphne is right about all things having to do with copyright. So the printer makes a little money off the print, so what? I find it hard to believe either this or the other deck will be pirated, because... well... sad fact is, nobody cares. A few friends decide to draw a few pictures together and suddenly it's all copyright and piracy and conspiracies... but really, the world at large doesn't care. Copyright or worrying about the lack of it, whether it's a CC licence or not... those are moot points that don't matter.

Plus, from what I gathered from this thread, the whole point of this deck is to be freed from the limitations that go with an official deck with the AT name on it. I'll even use a Tarot analogy to get back into focus; the Swords suit shows how the single pure idea of the Ace slowly deteriorates until there is madness, ideas flying everywhere and a complete lack of focus and breakdown of the idea. Don't let that happen here, or there.

And even if both decks are pirated, so what? What could possibly happen? This is one card per person we're talking about. Nobody here is painting the Sistine Chapel, with fear that the art might be misused. And misused how? A multi-billion dollar ad campaign? Even if the deck is pirated and sold... how much could be realistically made from it? I think this whole idea is being blown out of proportion. I find it hard to believe that a person would become so attached to the one or two cards they make, that the fear of it leaking out is so paralyzing that they refuse to participate.

And just to put my money where my mouth is, I have just decided to participate in both decks, assuming I'm wanted and there are free cards. I'll be cheating though, since I use pip decks and they're easier to draw. :D

Thank you for giving me the chance to read myself in you.

daphne

I disagree. Using the images from the 5th will be what makes it renegade. Mine from that will NOT be used here, and if there is any pressure about that, or any risk of that happening against my will, given that we are all to get printable images from the 5th, I SHALL pull them out altogether.
As to the rest - people were signing up for the 5th real AT FORUM deck - until this started up.

I dont know how you reach to this kind of ideas from my words, it really sounds like a terrifying project.
But again, no way that pressure or other coercive means having something in common with HEAT.

daphne

Not instead of the 5th of course, in case there was a misunderstanding. But maybe there might be HEAT but no next AT in the future, as there might be another AT but no other HEAT in 2016 and so forth to avoid that "mutual cannibalism". But that might not be that much of an issue after all with more people signing up for both now.

I think there will definitely be an 6thAT, most probably within the same condition as the 5th. HEAT will not take its place.

Please, try to keep these separate; they are.

trzes

I dont know how you reach to this kind of ideas from my words, it really sounds like a terrifying project.
But again, no way that pressure or other coercive means having something in common with HEAT.

This post of gregory was pointing at my head, not at your's :)

daphne

Is that an obligatory decision?

Yes, but it refers only to HEAT, a deck I am in. No 5thAT cards are to be used in any other deck I am willing to be involved.

AT collaborative decks belong to AT and from my part, I would like to respect its uniqueness.

daphne

I have not closely followed the other threads so I could be wrong about the intent, but if the purpose of controlling the distribution is to ensure that each artist retains rights and control of his/her own work, what is to stop them re-using their own art and submitting it in another venue? It seems to me that the limitation would be whether this deck requires an original work, not used before in any other project. (And maybe the other deck has a rule like that, again, I don't know.) I personally feel like for this project the fewer limitations that are imposed, the better. I will go along with whatever the group or organizer decides.

The control for 5thAT deck is to try to protect as much as possible any pirating attempts, not to hinder creators to do whatever they like with their own creations.
Creators keep the copyrights of their OWN cards and they can reuse their own creations. Only they, it is still theirs.
Thus, not the lack of rights on own work is the reason I dont want to be in a project with AT-deck re-used cards.
But just because I would like to promote its special-ness. Cards were made for 5thAT. Should remain as intended.