Hello, I'm new and have a ? re the moon card

SunChariot

It's definitely a message. If it keeps coming up that usually means that you have not yet understood the message or assimilated it. As it does not come up during readings, it is a personal message for you, not related to the topic of the readings you have been doing.

The moon can have many meanings, it looks like you have not yet hit on the one the card is trying to tell you. Usually when we understand a message it stops coming up as it has no more need to try and get our attention. It can mean many other things besides a warning (actually I personally have never heard of it indicating a warning.

The way I see the Moon card it is the card about romance and romantic feelings...full moon=romance. Your message could even potentially be about someone whose zodiac sign is Cancer, as the moon is the ruling planet of Cancer...

I hope you come upon the intended meaning soon.

Me too, when I started reading Tarot, one card kept coming up over and over and over, way too often to be coincidence. It came up all the time for me in the beginning! Mine was the Sun card. And that is where the "Sun" in SunChariot" came from. "Chariot" is because it is the card associated with Cancer, my zodiac sign...

Best of luck with figuring out your mysterious meaning for the card. The Moon is the card of mystery after all. :grin:

Babs

Grizabella

What I haven't seen mentioned is the Moon's part in women's menstrual cycles---their "Moontime". Is it possible that you should be having a checkup to make sure you're okay in that area? Are your PAP tests up to date? Any symptoms your doctor should know about concerning your menstrual cycle or health of female organs? This card could just be trying to alert you of something like that.

I don't know how old you are, but maybe menopause is going to begin soon. Buckle your seat belt if that's the case because it's----ummmm----quite an experience for some of us, as natural as it is. :p Once a woman has gone through menopause, though, her spiritual and psychic abilities often become stronger, so the Moon would again signify the possibility of increasing experiences in those areas, as others have mentioned.

Firewind17

welcome

I'm very new also and I wish you as much enjoyment and
profound learning that I have been getting here, not to
mention just plain ole fun.

I've been a little afraid of the moon card, but then going
back to my women's studies and Goddess background years
ago some other thoughts came to mind.

Like ebb and flow, which is what life is, ever changing and
sometimes that can feel good and sometimes not, but change
is the only thing that never changes :)

And cycles and patterns, we go around and around, spiraling
upward hopefully, experiencing the same essences but hopefully
from a higher place because of what we learned on the last go
round.

And also, for me, what came to me when I was in a little bit of
a bad place the other day and Moon showed her lovely face, Time
heals all wounds. Scientifically, the moon has not been up there
forever nor will it be up there forever, but for our lives and our
feelings about the moon, she is a changing but stable force in our
lives. sometimes she is full, sometimes not, but always there and
when she showed up on that day when my life felt sort of upside
down, she felt very "forever." something that I could always
count on. These are just my personal feelings about her. She is
such a part of women's lives especially, that I didn't want to feel
afraid of her. I wanted her to have a special, close, relationship
with me.

I sometimes talk to the moon as tho she is my sister when I go out
at night. Please don't let that mar what I've said above. lol

PS: I just thought of this. Before humankind tamed fire and was able
to use it at night, the moon was probably our greatest friend in the dark
of the night. and that is still in our more primal genes. Just think of drawing
your babies close to you and pointing out the moon on dark nites thousands of years ago. I think early humans must have had a wonderful relationship to the moon.

fire queen

Moon card

I learned some interesting things about the moon card. I learned this information from a self learned tarot reader. I would like to share with you
1- Be careful on 18th of the month. It could be this month or any month. Moon in turkish means month at the same time (lunar months) and she told me that people who have this card very often should be careful about the 19th day of the month. There might be something important which causes fear or deep romance. Search the nearby cards for further information.
2- There is a face on the moon, this face most likely is your face. Are you dissatisfied with something?.
3- There are two dogs howling at the moon, Who are those two dogs?. Your enemies?, your friends or your admirers or your lovers?. Are there two people making you sad. Are there two people you can not choose in between. Are there two people you are fighting with.
4- Are you creating castles from sand in your mind?

Sephirah

The Moon..

Hi LunaLass!

The Moon represents the subconscious, our inner intuitive side, instincts and emotions. The crayfish is still immersed in the waters; the source of all life and consciousness. Above the crayfish stand the dog and wolf, a little higher in the volutionary chain - but still largely unconscious in their behaviour.

The two towers symbolise the structure and security provided by the ego and the super-ego. A largely rational being tends to hide in the safety of the structure of these 'higher' functions to avoid the uncertainties of the wild and chaotic realm of the subconscious. But to reside in the security of the constructed towers one is also disconnected from the primordial currents of the emotional 'waters'; therefore less able to intuit and to feel.

Repeatedly pulling this card may suggest that you are simply being drawn more intensely into that world of the Moon. The world of the Moon is certainly less secure than the safe towers of reason but also far more rewarding and that connection is with our roots; the source of our being.

More understanding of this side of our nature can be gained by studying also the High Priestess, The Empress and Strength cards.

Sephirah

Aladdin

I thought the reply posted by fire queen was really interesting.
In standard Colman, Rider-Waite the Sun follows the Moon as card nineteen.
Perhaps this indicates than dreams, ideals or even nightmares will be well and truly illuminated under the full power of daylight as possible events ?
When the Moon is prominent there is always another dimension to immediate reality.

katherienp

Moon

Moon can be used for timing, Cancer,Moon cycle...
The moon can also mean for you to use your intuition, as well as to take note that something is not as it seems, this can sometimes mean around the home .
Home meaning your family, or your house.

The moon does not have to be negative, it can be positive...

perhaps you are thinking of doing renovations...
perhaps, youare going to have a lucid dream aroud the full moon...

Blessings,
Katherien

Psychebleu

Whenever I get the Moon card, it has to do with a secret- as in information someone or a group is trying to keep secret- from me/querent or anyone/everyone involved in the issue.

Gypsyspell

Hi , I am also new to AT. I paying special attention to reacurring cards,
I would be tempted to do a reading for yourself as surrounding cards, in a reading may shed more light on the meaning of this cards appearance.
For me , the moon means a warning as said in earlier post - although warning is a bit scary thing to say , to me its more ,that there may be some misrepresentation, someone is not what they appear? be a little wary of the associations you form at this time , the moon is yes also change any cycles.
Not a time to make big decisions eg signing contracts. But i would do a reading to try and clarify . Moon -Madness springs to mind also people behavior changes with moon cycles.
Gypsyspell

aware7

Wow!

Wow - what an educational thread (all threads are educational but this one especially so). I especially enjoyed fire queen's perspective from Turkish culture - you learn so many new things on this website!

It was fascinating to also read the perspectives re mental disorders. I keep getting the Moon card associated with somebody I care about (as a friend - it's nothing to do with romance etc) and I am wondering if the Moon is pointing to emotional instability within them.

I can't fathom some of their attitudes (not extreme by the way, but there seems a little instability there) and I am wondering if the way the Moon keeps coming up in relation to them is telling me they suffer from some kind of imbalance. I know we all do at times but maybe my friend is more within that category most of the time. I wonder.