Hello kitty

tinkerbell

Hi,
As somebody who owns a 'hello' kitty deck- how do you tell if its an authentic deck or not?
Mine is just plain black and white images, and had green card on the top and bottom of it, with an elastic band around it to secure it?
I've had it about 9 or 10 years.
Think I got it as part of a joint order with folk from another tarot site way back.
Any thoughts or insights as to whether this is the real mcCoy or not?
Thanks x

Cocobird55

Sounds just like mine -- it's authentic. Ordered from Joe Rosales. Not sure about packing details.

FaintlyMacabre

I got mine from Joe Rosales. They were black and white and originally shrink wrapped. One is still in the package. When I get a chance I can check although I suppose he might have changed paper colors or something.

I had made a little laminated box for it. It does have a lime green card with it. It must the be Stick Figure that has his name with it. It says Hello, Tarot (not the green card).

I love it and the Stick Figure Tarot.

Diana

DarkYarns

I also got mine from Joe Rosales. I wish I had kept the envelope that it came in - I think that's the only way I could "prove" that it's genuine. Mine doesn't have anything else that would distinguish it from a copy. About the green cards - are they just plain green to protect the top and bottom cards? I must have tossed them when I got the deck.

FaintlyMacabre

I have only one green card with my opened deck. I don't usually discard things. There is the title card that says Hello, Tarot - The Cutest Tarot Deck You Will Ever Own and then another card with "instructions" ending with "The artist would like to thank everyone involved. This thing had to happen eventually, you know."

I realize the one who colored them didn't write the info in that link, but it was still almost all Joe Rosales' artwork and original idea. I don't think anyone can take credit.

Diana

reall

I know! I LOVE that deck. I really want one badly. I did see another hello kitty deck just recently I think called Helki something but now I can't find it and I don't think I was imagining it/;
:)) it may be that official HKT?:)) I remember that, and this bnw n colored version but it may be another fan made deck?:)) so be sure to share if you find it!^^:))
so far brit is my fav!x,x too bad she wont reply on her mail!x,x probably get sick of all I WANT THAT DECK! requests!^^ lolz :))

FaintlyMacabre

I don't know what happened elsewhere but my understanding was that you couldn't sell the Hello, Tarot (do note the correct name there) on eBay because Sanrio complained.

Sanrio may have gone after some of the other ones who, if they were using the "Hello Kitty" name were certainly infringing on their copyright.

Diana

reall

I don't know what happened elsewhere but my understanding was that you couldn't sell the Hello, Tarot (do note the correct name there) on eBay because Sanrio complained.

Sanrio may have gone after some of the other ones who, if they were using the "Hello Kitty" name were certainly infringing on their copyright.

Diana
Yeah, sadly, I wish they give credits to both artists and make this deck mass Print! :) they are big brand no need to act so cheep?xx facepalm :))