help identify

daveyboy

Yellow and black viens is most likley to be sulphur. If it's entirley solid. You should be able to grind it to a fine yellow powder (don't eat it mind ;) )

TarotGirlJess

LOL don't eat the rocks... GOTCHA. i think i can remember that. LOL it seems to chip off rather easily and I have given up my hunt for the names.. i decided that this week I'll just take a little drive on up to the store and buy more.. oops was that out loud? I meant read the sign *Evil Grin*

I am hopefull that they have a lot. I have developed a tumblestone fetish.... *sigh* i guess they are only 7$ for a bag of any mix of them.... I'm just waiting on the money fairy..... i wonder how many bags i could get if i just....... LOL I may never have enough.

Thanks again for all your help and when i do find their names i will update the thread to reflect that.
Thanks a ton

Tarot how many is to many to carry around? Girl Jess

daveyboy

You see when I learned to be a chemist not too long ago. Don't lick the spoon, don't sniff the gas. And NEVER EVER take a deep breath when your mate sticks a beaker under your nose to see "Does it have ammonia?".

Scratch and sniff was also out of the question - LOL. Though I can tell you most chemicals either taste salty or make you cough a lot.

[Edit] - I forgot to say "Trust me i'm a chemist"

Emily

Hi TarotGirlJess,

I did a google search for greenstone black spots and came up with a type of New Zealand Jade called Kakotea - If you google 'Greenstone Kakotea' there are a couple of sites with pics. Might not be your stone but the websites are pretty interesting. :)

joya250

hi,

Just a thought....

perhaps the yellow with the gray is an Agate of some sort? and the green with blk spots may be a Ruby Zosite (hope I spelled that right.)

joya

theblackline

ummm

the yellow one sounds like it could have iron in it .... which trust me .. sounds way off .. but i had this huge lemonhead yellow rock .. that a friend broke .. that i founf out was an iron-quartz crystal.... and the outside .. hat the highest concentration of the iron in it .. thus making it .. solid looking but the inside ( i dotn sugest you testing this out ) was a clear yello like quartz .. but yellow .. and it was sharper tha most quartz crystal i have seen or owned ... the gren one sounds like it could be some sort of a color dyed agate .... from S.america

Kyrielle

The lemon yellow stone might be lemon chrysoprase, which is not held in as much value as the apple-green kind, but my piece is solid lemon yellow with gray veins.

Maybe the green stone is serpentine? Or maybe green jasper.

Kyrielle

TarotGirlJess

well i went back to the store and low and behold the stones they were selling was different from the ones they had labeled. most of them. the green one was simply labled 'dalmation' and the yellow wasn't labled at all. Go figure. The hunt continues. thanks for your help and I'm search ing for the lemon chrysoprase, to see if that's it. I appreciate all the help.
TGJ

TarotGirlJess

Update

ok we have a winner!!!!!
Kyrielle it does seem to be lemon chrysoprase.
thank you very much for the name. once i was able to google for that it turned up pictures that were very similar to mine. thank you.

as for the dalmation strone it isn't very specific of a name to go buy but i will keep researching until i can find out what it does. LOL
many thanks
TGJ