Help! Which M.lle Lenormand oracle exactly?

moderndayruth

I surrendered, i am ordering Lenormand :D
But... there are few, so i am not sure wich one shell i get -
i narrowed the choice to
a) French Cartomancy Deck - publisher Lo Scarabeo, artist Gina di Roberto - it pictures the playing cards as well ( which i can't read, so it doesn't really matter i guess)
b) M.lle Lenormand Oracle -publisher AGMuller, traditional - with the rhymes.
I read Solandia's riview, they are rated 2,5 stars only, probably one of the main reasons being that the rhyme stands out more than the artwork.

Do you use the rhymes while reading or they are not really necessary?

Please help with advice... i can't wait to place the order ;)
Love&light
mdr

ana luisa

Welcome to the fan club of Lenormand ! Iwould get the French with my eyes closed ! it's gorgeous and very inspirational. I personally find the rhymes a it distracting... often they have no relation to the reading in question and can conuse you. Well, just my opinion. I don't mean to enable you or anything but you should have a look at the Piatnik Lenormand and the Mystical. In my opinion, if you're buying two, these should be considered! Great! It sounds like you'll be joining the Lenormand study group as well!

You can check these and other Lenormand decks here:

http://www.lenormand-wahrsagekarten.de/

moderndayruth

Yay! Mission accomplished ;)
It usually takes a week for 'babies' to arrive from San Marino - can't wait :D
Thank you so much, Ana Luisa! :heart:
Naturally, i am joining the study group :)
Love&Light
mdr

LisaW

decks

Hi Moderndayruth!
Hooray! so glad you'll be joining the thread-- I haven't been so excited over a method of card reading in years and years..get ready for an exciting adventure! lol
I remember Sylvie making a point not to use cards with rhymes on it, as they're distracting (as Ana Luisa pointed out) and take away from your intuition. Someone asked recently about using a deck with writing in a different language that she didn't understand...that would be ok, but takes away from the artwork :)

I tend to use the Blue Owl alot, but I was given the French Cartomancy for Xmas and I adore them.....absolutely beautiful. The Mystical is used by alot of people here too, and they're very nice as well, but I wanted to start with a traditional set, (where I could see the number of the card for easy reference - lol) and the Piatnik, I have as well, and they have a sweetness about them that I can't describe....
oh well! I know you ordered LOL- just wanted to say welcome!

LisaW

moderndayruth

Thank you, LisaW! I wanted to order the Mystical too, but they don't deliver to non EU countries - anyway, i'll find a way to put my clows on these too ;)
I was going on endlessly on boards here about my granma reading the Gipsy Fortune Telling Cards and i think they are based on Madam Lenormand's oracle - one more reason for me to be really excited -
I grew up watching woman sitted around the kitchen table with cards spread, sipping coffee and talking in low voice about the misteries of the fortune ;)
Love&Light
mdr

franniee

OH gosh! MDR you are such an enabler!!!!! I am trying to resist! :D

moderndayruth

franniee said:
OH gosh! MDR you are such an enabler!!!!! I am trying to resist! :D

Moi? Oh, nooo...
But i imagined us in the old fashioned kitchen...
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/ISI/DC011.jpg
by the fireplace
it's early evening and it's snowing outdoors
and i just made a pot of coffee for us
and home baked biscuits
and we are pulling out cards
and we are excited to learn
what wonderful events are there
in the store for us...
:angel:

Aulruna

Did you really order the French Cartomancy???? :bugeyed:

Oh, well.

Once my Oracle package arrives, you'll have two of those, then.
*sighs*

HearthCricket

I've just recently become a huge fan of Lenormand and really having fun getting to know these cards and how they work. Once you purchase one deck, I have a feeling you will want more! They are so much fun and quite accurate!

moderndayruth

Aulruna said:
Did you really order the French Cartomancy???? :bugeyed:

Oh, well.

Once my Oracle package arrives, you'll have two of those, then.
*sighs*
Yay! I don't mind, to the contrary ;) I was telling my mother about the Lenormand decks and how i am going to study it here and how excited i am... blah, blah - so she wants a deck for herself too... Good that i read your post before going to alidastore to ask them to include one more deck in the parcel ;)

Franniee... egh, i am afraid you are right, it seems that i am an enabler ;)

Btw, i got the confirmation email, the parcel is arriving in 5-7 day... with a lovely note: 'as usual' (he, he, i think it's my third or foth order in last couple of weeks) ;)

HC, i am so glad that you like Lenormand too, you know how much i respect your opinion and taste :)

Yay! Can't wait! Promisse to offer some readings in the 'old fashioned kitchen' ;)