Help with Titania Draw

Webwitch

I did a draw today and the question was:

"Should I hand in my resignation this week"

The reply I got was this:

Clover - Scythe - Child

Can anyone give me insight into whether this means "yes" or "no". I have only just started with these cards and am still fumbling, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Webwitch :)

skipper

i find that using a 3 card spread, or any titania spread doesnt really answer any specific question, but always just gives me an outlook of whats to come, or just gives me more questions lol.... Anyway, it looks like you will be protected from what's worrying you, and a new ambition, or a change in your future path will lead to your happieness... If I had to pick yes or no, I would say yes, but please dont make a decision based on what I am saying.

FaeryGodmother

Like Skipper I have never been able to get much sense out of Titianas deck for questions. I find that when I ask a question then the cards that come out simply reflect that question. You could interpret your 3 cards in this manner, you just got the idea for making a break from your job that you hope will lead to better and happier things. Personally, I take the clover/scythe combo to mean a lucky break- with the child, either a new lucky break or a lucky break that leads to something new.

To get specific information I use a five card draw. The centre card being your concern, in your case your job, so either the lily or garden depending on what you feel better reflects your position. Then one card above (who); below (what); to the left (where); to the right (when). This is sometimes very helpful, sometimes it just makes more questions. Realistically, I suggest using a different deck for specific questions.

Good luck, Webwitch, I hope you get things sorted out with your job.
FGM

katie_here

hi

I'm agreeing with everyone else here, that getting specific answers from the Titania is nigh on impossible!, and even when you do a nine card spread, it generally throws up more questions which need expanding on.

I was wondering though, has anyone ever thought of splitting the deck into yes/no and maybe. By using very positive cards, sun, clover, etc as yes, neg cards, like Whip, Scythe, as no's and coffin, mouse, as maybe's.

Has anyone tried this, or thought about it?

Webwitch

Aaaah, I see.

I was reading the book and thought that you had to read it like a sentence

Clover - It would be lucky
Scythe - to make the break
Child - and start something new

At least that's what I thought. Its so confusing because she says the scythe being good or bad depends on the cards around it (rather like a noun relying on adjectives).

Perhaps I got it all wrong.

Many thanks to those of you that have helped. As to the cards throwing up more questions than supplying answers - I find that's the case with almost every oracle - including traditional tarot.

Once again, thank you everybody.

Cheers,

Moonbow

These cards are not saying yes or no.

To me I see them as picking up the negativity and unhappiness in your job but it's outweighed by the more positive sides. The child in particular is saying that there is a side to the job that you like, the freindships/people. As for whether you should give it up... I think you are hoping that things will improve so that you don't have to make that decision.

There is nothing definate in the spread about whether or not you should hand in your resignation, it's showing the current situation rather than what you should do about it.

Webwitch

Heya Moonbow

As for whether you should give it up... I think you are hoping that things will improve so that you don't have to make that decision.

I think that I have long ago given up hope of things improving at my present job, so I handed my resignation in tonight - I was left with no other choice.

I have no job to go to, but I know that won't be a problem for long, especially as I had to give six weeks' notice. Only time will tell now.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Cheers,