Hermit and Magician

Marsy

I asked would I get pregnant in the near future and did a 5 card yes/no spread. The last 3 cards were the Knight of Cups, the Hermit, and the Magician. I think the Knight of Cups represents the guy I'm involved with as he's come up and the Knight of Cups before in a love reading.

The Hermit is usually time spent alone which would be what's going on at the present as I've been taking some time alone to be to myself. The Magician is about manifesting wishes you want to come true and I do want to get pregnant. So does that mean that yes I will get pregnant in the near future?

canid

I asked would I get pregnant in the near future and did a 5 card yes/no spread. The last 3 cards were the Knight of Cups, the Hermit, and the Magician. I think the Knight of Cups represents the guy I'm involved with as he's come up and the Knight of Cups before in a love reading.

The Hermit is usually time spent alone which would be what's going on at the present as I've been taking some time alone to be to myself. The Magician is about manifesting wishes you want to come true and I do want to get pregnant. So does that mean that yes I will get pregnant in the near future?

Sounds good to me! What were the other cards? Just curious. I love both the Magician and the Hermit. It's a magical combination.

decan

I am wondering if a card representing a woman, like the Empress or the High Priestess (for example) wouldn't be a more relevant message with regard to your question.
Pregnancy is the concern of the women, and here we find 3 men!
The Hermit takes his time, this could mean delays, or a pause for inner reflexion.

Kdevi

Okay, I had a whole different vibe while reading you question.

My instant impression came up with Knights of Cups as literally, a vessel of...well...

And Hermit with Magician immediately made me think of "goingwithin and making magic" with a practitioner, I.e., doctor or scientist.

In other words, I suspect you will either need to explore in vitro fertilization; or, you may end up using the services of a donor.

Kdevi

I am wondering if a card representing a woman, like the Empress or the High Priestess (for example) wouldn't be a more relevant message with regard to your question.

Pregnancy is the concern of the women, and here we find 3 men!

The Hermit takes his time, this could mean delays, or a pause for inner reflexion.

I didn't even think about the fact that these cards are all masculine.
In addition, all the cards are pretty far removed from the earthy, physical reality that is pregnancy and childbirth.
Pregnancy is about body changes, leaky breasts, stretch marks, constipation, swollen feet. And childbirth is blood, and mucus, and primal screams of pain and exhilaration and triumph...
It is wonderful. But it's very, very tangible and REAL.
You have Knight of cups = emotions; The Hermit = spiritual ; The Magician = cerebral.

I'm not saying you won't get pregnant, I just think based on the information you've given that you may need to be open to waiting a little longer and exploring alternative methods.

canid

Decan is right, there are specific cards that portray pregnancy, but you're not pregnant yet, eh? Are you? Still, this is a positive reading.

Marsy

No I'm not pregnant and at this point we're not even trying yet which I think explains the Hermit. Yes I get a positive vibe as well for when we start trying.

Snaut

As I have a background in the Thoth tarot, I can say that the hermit to me is not "time spent alone". In this context, I would even go so far as to interpret it as fertilization.

Just look at those grains writhing in rhythmic motion. Don't they look like sperm to you? Look at the homunculus on the left front. It is a small man inside a sperm. That symbol is also a reference to preformationism in case you want to invest further. Finally the Hermit is associated to Yod and Virgo. The male fiery yod and the receiving female virgo. Or what about the snake-egg? Do I need to go on?

Marsy

As I have a background in the Thoth tarot, I can say that the hermit to me is not "time spent alone". In this context, I would even go so far as to interpret it as fertilization.

Just look at those grains writhing in rhythmic motion. Don't they look like sperm to you? Look at the homunculus on the left front. It is a small man inside a sperm. That symbol is also a reference to preformationism in case you want to invest further. Finally the Hermit is associated to Yod and Virgo. The male fiery yod and the receiving female virgo. Or what about the snake-egg? Do I need to go on?

Oh wow very interesting! It ties in perfectly!

Grizabella

My first impression on reading these three cards is as though the cards are reminding you that "it takes two to tango" as the old saying goes. Right now you're keeping to yourself so it's not likely you'll get pregnant unless by some stroke of magic.