Hermit and the Sun?

SA12

I was reading the other thread about the Hermit + Emperor, and found it really interesting with regard to their 'solitary' and controlling aspects. I did a reading recently for a friend's relationship -- the Hermit came up in the present position with the Sun as outcome. Her partner's withdrawl was/is obvious -- but what's with the Sun? Does this mean the Hermit has figured out the situation? I have read many threads on the Sun and while it seems like a happy relationship card, I kinda get solitary vibes from it -- the sun stands by itself at the center of the solar system and the "inner child" or reincarnated Fool depicted in the card also seems to be happily self-centered. Hmm... thoughts? :)

Girl Archer

I will just try interpreting. While I do agree with you, I think this combo could reflect on the fact that the person has had enough time for contemplation and has made a decision that makes him/her truly happy and empowered in the way only one could, when they have the happiness that comes from within and not because of someone else. One particular image that comes to my mind is standing alone on a cliff and shouting out loud 'I am the King of the World!'... That is certainly a Sun-ny picture, if you ask me.

JadoreHauteCouture

sun is basically a card of personal growth and getting to know yourself through relationships... there are always 2 kids playing under the sun in mirrored position.. that means others reflect stuff about you and youre gonna learn about yourself from your relationships by the way you act..
I dont do reversals so there are two options for me:
- in better case - that person will be learning a lot about himself through this relationship and it will teach him a lot about himself and relationships in general
- in worse scenario - that person will end up alone and will learn about himself/herself through looking back on his relationships so that he/she can move on... however, i would suggest this version if hermit was actually following sun, which is not the case here as we can see that sun follows hermit...

SA12

I will just try interpreting. While I do agree with you, I think this combo could reflect on the fact that the person has had enough time for contemplation and has made a decision that makes him/her truly happy and empowered in the way only one could, when they have the happiness that comes from within and not because of someone else. One particular image that comes to my mind is standing alone on a cliff and shouting out loud 'I am the King of the World!'... That is certainly a Sun-ny picture, if you ask me.

Yes! I get a 'decision made' vibe also -- but on a deeper personal level than you'd see with, say, 2 of Wands. There's some area of life that feels "clear" -- and I do agree with you, it has nothing to do with the 'someone else.' Thanks! :)

SA12

sun is basically a card of personal growth and getting to know yourself through relationships... there are always 2 kids playing under the sun in mirrored position.. that means others reflect stuff about you and youre gonna learn about yourself from your relationships by the way you act..
I dont do reversals so there are two options for me:
- in better case - that person will be learning a lot about himself through this relationship and it will teach him a lot about himself and relationships in general
- in worse scenario - that person will end up alone and will learn about himself/herself through looking back on his relationships so that he/she can move on... however, i would suggest this version if hermit was actually following sun, which is not the case here as we can see that sun follows hermit...

Thanks for your thoughts! I see where you're coming from too -- I'm not sure that the two cards by themselves give us a hint as to what scenario (from the two you suggest) will play out (i.e. learning about the relationship in a good way or winding up alone) but it seems like the emphasis is on the seeker learning/growing either way.