Timing

tarotsister

Hi, am relatively new to the forum and have noticed in some posts people referring to asking the cards questions about timing. Like for example, when will x or y happen or come into my life?

Can anybody give me any advice on this or suggest a spread on how to do it? I'm as yet unsure how to interpret the cards in timeframes.

Anything at all would be much appreciated

Thanks

Girl Archer

Hi TarotSister,

welcome aboard! :) to answer your question, there are three methods actually.

1. nisaba's method (perhaps the most popular one)

A forum member here invented this technique where wands- days, swords are weeks, cups are months and pentacles being the slowest would be coins. The courts are arranged thus:

page- 11
knight- 12
queen- 13
king- 14

So hypothetically, for 'when will x come?' and you get knight of swords, then ud have to say it means 12 weeks.

2. You can go to the www.supertarot.co.uk link and check out their timing chart. I find it a bit confusing and complicated though.

3. You just draw a card and read intuitively. I use a mix of this and nisaba's technique... For example, sometimes I might read ace of pentacles reversed as a month according to what feels right intuitively for me. In this method, you make your own rules in the game :)

Hope I have been of some help here with whatever little I know.

Kangiska

Hi Tarotsister,

I wonder if 'timing' is the right thing in some situations.

It doesn't necessary have anything to do with a 'calendar-when' (2nd of June), but can be a "action-when": the moment you have done this (what one card shows), X will enter your life.

Greetings

Kangiska

tarotsister

Thanks for that. It makes sense and is really helpful.

I assume you mean pentacles = years. So 10 of Pents would = 10 years. Can tarot really predict that far ahead? I was always led to believe it only really covered you for the next couple of years.

Checked out that link. Complicated??? Erm, just a little, lol

Girl Archer

Thanks for that. It makes sense and is really helpful.

I assume you mean pentacles = years. So 10 of Pents would = 10 years. Can tarot really predict that far ahead? I was always led to believe it only really covered you for the next couple of years.

Checked out that link. Complicated??? Erm, just a little, lol

Yes indeed. I meant years and not coins. Ridiculous typo :p I find it complex mostly because it is a rather big chart to memorize and I don't like referring to cheatsheets while doing readings. So if I may, what method appealed to you? And yes, if you get Majors as timing cards then the cards carry a message of 'Do this and then event X will happen'.

In light of that, does anyone know how to interpret the World as a timing card in love readings? What exactly needs to be done when World shows up? Everything?

tarotsister

The method that seems best for me just now while I'm still learning is Nasaba's one although I appreciate it is also best to work intuitively but at least that gives me a base point of reference.

So I assume you would just incorporate a normal spread to include a card for "when" or can you really just do a 1 card selection for this question?

And Major's for events - makes sense.

Thanks ladies

Girl Archer

The method that seems best for me just now while I'm still learning is Nasaba's one although I appreciate it is also best to work intuitively but at least that gives me a base point of reference.

So I assume you would just incorporate a normal spread to include a card for "when" or can you really just do a 1 card selection for this question?

And Major's for events - makes sense.

Thanks ladies

Hi again,

What I usually do is try thinking of the person's question and shuffle the cards while continuing to do so and then I use the pop up method to determine timing. Granted, there have been a few misses as well as hits but eventually you will (and I am sure I will) get the hang of the system.

tarotsister

What is the pop up method, at the risk of sounding dumb, lol?

Girl Archer

What is the pop up method, at the risk of sounding dumb, lol?

The pop up method/Jumpers method (the way I know it)-

Shuffle the deck well. While doing so, focus on your subject. If you are very clumsy, then more than three cards will fall from your hand and scatter to the side. Put them back in and keep shuffling till such time as may feel right and one card or a max of two cards falls down. Pick them up. See if they are upright or reversed. Interpret them. That's it. It is no rocket science :) though at times, I read four jumpers too. Depends on what works for you really. Tarot is a highly intuitive and extremely personalized thing.