Hermit & Health

Sandalwood

Hi,

Thought I'll share this. I kept getting The Hermit in regards to health & I just didn't understand. In this case it meant getting an X-ray. Which I think makes sense with the darkness on the card & the light the Hermit carries: shining light on an otherwise dark/unvisible area.
Any other experiences with The Hermit & health?

ana luisa

I had a very insightful experience with the Hermit afa health is concerned. while my son was being treated for cancer, I kept getting it as to how he would be after the treatment. I first thought it meant being quiet, to himself, withdrawn. In fact, it meant becoming a hypochondriac. I had read somewhere that the Hermit is associated with Virgo (I never consider astrology when reading Tarot...) and that, for some reason this relates to the excessive interest/fixation or concern for details. In his case, he is ok now (thank God) but is constantly asking about "things" that he perceives in his body. Zits, dry skin, everything seems serious to him.

Sandalwood

I had a very insightful experience with the Hermit afa health is concerned. while my son was being treated for cancer, I kept getting it as to how he would be after the treatment. I first thought it meant being quiet, to himself, withdrawn. In fact, it meant becoming a hypochondriac. I had read somewhere that the Hermit is associated with Virgo (I never consider astrology when reading Tarot...) and that, for some reason this relates to the excessive interest/fixation or concern for details. In his case, he is ok now (thank God) but is constantly asking about "things" that he perceives in his body. Zits, dry skin, everything seems serious to him.

Hi :)
Glad to hear your son is doing so much better now & thanks for sharing this. Yeah, I can see that with The Hermit. Virgo is a very health orientated sign & very analytical too (& pays attention to the details). I can imagine he got very scared after this :( How old is he?

ana luisa

He is 19 now but was 18 when we found out about the tumor. Thank you for the kind words. We are not dwelling on it anymore. It was an experience as horrible as it gets but we pulled through and are looking ahead. Not back :thumbsup:

nisaba

Hi,

Thought I'll share this. I kept getting The Hermit in regards to health & I just didn't understand. In this case it meant getting an X-ray. Which I think makes sense with the darkness on the card & the light the Hermit carries: shining light on an otherwise dark/unvisible area.

It might mean that you heal best without being fussed over very much by your loved ones (I hate human contact when I'm sick).

It might mean you need to trust your instincts more than your intellect when dealing with your health.

It might mean that you need to explore new or unusual treatment options.

It might mean medical research (doing it as a researcher, volunteering as a subject).

Sandalwood

Good you are pulling through :)
With the hypochondriac qualities I was thinking your son might enjoy looking into healthy foods & diets (like Ayurvedic diets & superfood). It's a very Virgolike thing to enjoy :) Then again it might also get him obsessed with it then... Not sure. Just an idea :)

@nisaba: thank you very much. Very interesting. Already found your list on health in cards :)

Lorraine1100

The Hermit - my tuppence worth at least - would say to me that you should not stress or worry. The Hermit goes to find solace, inner wisdom and getting away from the rat race of the world and it's affairs. Stress and worry will only compound your situation further and you know what the less you stress and worry the quicker you will heal.

My mum used to say that hard work will not kill you, but worry will....

She was so right!

nisaba

My mum used to say that hard work will not kill you, but worry will....

<grimace> Plenty of people who were worked to death on certain infamous railways or in concentration camps might disagree.

Lorraine1100

<grimace> Plenty of people who were worked to death on certain infamous railways or in concentration camps might disagree.

Well, I would never disagree with that point, not ever. I know she was talking in the present tense though. The conditions of what was effectively slavery was utterly brutal and barbaric and it is for this reason that certain films such as Bridge Over The River Kwai I still refuse to watch.

SunChariot

Hi,

That meaning makes perfect sense although I doubt I would have thought of it myself!

Generally, I would have thought it meant that the person needs to slow down and make some time to do nothing, before they make themselves ill, have a burnout of a nervous breakdown or whatever. A preventive measure.

Babs