Hermit reversed

Vivian

What does this card mean when it represents someone's feeling about you.

I looked up on Thirteen's reversals index, and it indicated that this card means the hermit's lantern is blocked, and the man felt to be in the dark.

Does this mean that he feels lonely, and sour or bitter to be alone? And he feels cut off from me, not knowning what I am doing (since his lantern is blocked, there is no light to show his way???)

Please enlighten me on this one.

gorgeousbutterfly

he doesn't know what to think of you, confusion..he is lost in his thoughts of you?

Teacups

maybe he's clueless about how to proceed with you....? If the Hermit is about looking within, and searching for knowledge, what would that be reversed.... clueless how to proceed (right?)

He doesn't know how or where to begin... at least with a light you can search, without light, it's not likely he'll do much 'finding', maybe he'll do a lot of stumbling around, or maybe he'll just stand still, either way there couldn't possibly be much progress, unless it's purely accidental

balenciaga

Hermit RX: overcautious, which prevents action. Like someone who needs proof - keeps looking and looking for reassurance within himself. Or evidence.

starrystarrynight

It may just mean that he has no feelings about you at all...he is too wrapped up in himself to notice--not only you--but others, as well.

Vivian

Hi balenciaga,

I really like your explanation, since I've never heard of this one before. And it kind of suit my situation as well.

I was asking how does this guy feel the "last" time he thought about me. And you say that he is looking for proof, and very cautious. Although I am not sure exactly he is looking for or feeling cautious about, but I do have that feeling about him.

And thank you, starry. Yes, I did thought about that he wouldn't be thinking about me because he is too wrapped up, and so I worded the question to make sure that his feeling is concerning me. But thank you for the insights as well.

And thank you gorgeousbutterfly, and asphodel, you help me understand this card a lot better.

willowfox

The Hermit suggests not being interested and avoiding people but the Rx Hermit would suggest that he wants to get involved with you, he is not searching for anything as you are there for him, he is not confused about you at all as you are the answer, he does not desire stillness, he desires action, he does not not wish to retreat he wishes to advance.

So, he feels that he wants to get things rolling with you.

willowfox

Vivian said:
I looked up on Thirteen's reversals index, and it indicated that this card means the hermit's lantern is blocked, and the man felt to be in the dark.

His lantern isn't blocked because he doesn't need it anymore, he is no longer stumbling around on a mountain top in the dark, he is now back amongst the living, he is now with us all, he is now involved with others once again, he is no longer the loner, now he is sociable and part of the family.

rcb30872

starrystarrynight said:
It may just mean that he has no feelings about you at all...he is too wrapped up in himself to notice--not only you--but others, as well.
I like this one. Too self-absorbed! I know someone like this, and it is annoying.

But at the same time, I tend to view this as what Thirteen said, the lantern is blocked. Someone who doesn't look to themselves for counsel, but needs to seek counsel from everyone else, even other places, like reference books and what not. Yet again, I know someone else like this, like for goodness sake, don't you know how to think for yourself? So exasperating! Someone I know in real life, btw :p

I read somewhere else in the forum, in the Chat section, someone said something about common sense tends to be lacking in quality. I tend to see this as possibly a sign of The Hermit Rx as well.