Hidden feelings...

haleyw

Which cards would indicate someone trying to hide their feelings? I was thinking the 5 of Swords.

Luminosa

The High Priestess and the Hermit

rwcarter

Any card where you can't see the person's face could indicate hidden feelings. We all assume the person in the 5 Cups is mourning the loss of what's in 3 of the cups. But we don't actually see their face. For all we know, there could be glee on his/her face.

Even cards that you normally wouldn't associate with hidden feelings can express them. 3 Cups could just as easily be someone who's down but putting on a happy face so as not to bring others down.

Luminosa

True, haleyw, the Moon has a strong connection with both HP and Hermit.

QueenPen

4 pentacles

cheapthrills

the chariot - could be about controlling emotions, or forcefully channeling them/pushing them down.

king of cups - also could keep his emotions in check so he may have feelings but you wouldnt it know the extent of them based on what he's showing as he may not be very expressive

4 pentacles - holding things in

and i dont have any experience with this being the case but i think it possible that the
4 of swords could indicate repressing thoughts/memories of a person and therefore also repressing feelings for a person ("taking a break" from them)

Xrysalida

8 of swords! - someone who is suppressing themselves, someone emotionally constipated, they feel, but they restrict themselves for reasons which most probably have not truly a base and they hold back.

lilac04

I usually get:

7 of swords (deception big time)
5 of swords - more an active card but sometimes a lead up to deception
High Priestess (but it's usually for me something positive)
4 of pentacles.

La-Scorciere

I agree with all of these, but especially the 7 of Swords. I feel like that's always the card that makes people blush in a reading because I always say, "I see some kind of deception here..." Most clients know what I'm talking about but had hoped it would stay hidden.