Hierophant Crossed by 9 Cups

csophia

I got the 9 of cups as an obstacle for the Hierophant. Could that mean an unhappy marriage? It is a relationship question. Could that be one of them is married and that is an obstacle for them to be together???

Thanks.

QueenofCups(rx)

9 of cups as an obstacle tells me one person in the relationship isnt meeting the other partner half way but instead are more interested in self satisfaction. The hierophant could be the moral values or if their married the vows they made to work together as one and be there for one another through thick and thin

WalesWoman

Not to play the blame game, but to me the relationship fits what society says marriage should be and is mostly for show, but lacks emotional fulfillment, it feels incomplete.

csophia

Thanks for the replies!! I agree completely.

willowfox

***An unsatisfactory relationship.

PAMUYA

Looks like one wants to party and play, while the other wants the old ball and chain (as the other sees it). Not on the same page.

csophia

Pamuya, I agree with your thought. I think so too. Thanks

ChristianReader

the hierophant urges one to keep your morals, be stubborn with what is right and if you're in a relationship, do right by them no matter how you feel. Bottom line to this card is to stay in your lane and keep the order OR a need for correction.
The 9 of cups is about sensuality, pleasure, indulgence, and the "wine" life if you will. In a negative light there is gluttony, excess, selfishness, and reveling.
9 of cups also suggest external situations, people, and substances that affects you, Have this card as an obstacle for the hierophant; I see getting carried away, under a certain influence(not necessarily liquor or drugs), and possibly withdrawn because of hurt feelings or low self esteem. There are outside forces affecting and interfering with ones judgment in doing the right thing, being conservative, morally upright, or wherever it is they should be at this point in life....Overall there is a clutter that needs to be cleared.
hierophant is associated with The taurus- bull, stubborn, domestic, and loyalty.
9 of cups is associated with Jupiter-which represents outside forces things you may or may not be able to control but either way they affect you. Also with the 9 of cups comes the pisces- musical, fall easily, prone to instability or confusion, but very loving just fragile.

danica

Looks like one wants to party and play, while the other wants the old ball and chain (as the other sees it). Not on the same page.

Exactly what I thought.

Also maybe peer influence. Being more emotionally engaged in the social life than just one person/relationship.