Hierophant - the scepter question

magpie9

Lyric said:
So he can whack us with it when we commit one of the seven deadly sins?

ROLF Good one, Lyric! :D :D ......and let us now quietly sneak off this thread on little mousey feets and not disturb these serious tarotists furthur....

stagfoot

I never gave it much thought, but I always believed the three bars represented the Holy Trinity.

ArcanoMáximo

wizzle said:
Why three? Why do they get smaller?

As card of wisdom too i guess that those are different stages of knowledge.
The Hierophant knows about subtlest plans and the different dimensions, what says also with the gesture of his hand when hiding some fingers:

" There is a lot more than what you perceive "

When more up more subtle, when further down more dense.

And all is the same structure, adding and connecting it all.

Starting learning about the physical world you will be able to know the spiritual one and vice versa.

AM*

Gregglobe

The three crosses

wizzle said:
My question concerns the three crosses on the scepter. Why three? Why do they get smaller? Is there a relationship between the 3 crosses and the triple crown he wears? Is this scepter associated with Free Masonry in any way? I seem to remember seeing this symbol in connection with Easter Seals or the March of Dimes (can't remember which, though). Were either of these efforts founded by Masons? Has anyone seen this symbol used on anything else?

Inquiring minds want to know.

According to Sylvia Abraham, from one of her books, 'How to Read the Tarot,' the scepter represents the three worlds: physical, astral and etheric. It makes sense to my experiences. But I don't know (and wonder) which end is the physical world. I assume its the shorter one.

ArcanoMáximo

Gregglobe said:
which end is the physical world. I assume its the shorter one.
Great view Gregglobe!