Hierophant?

aquanesha

I need some help interpreting this card in the "How things stand at the moment" of a spread.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
aquanesha

a_shikhs

This card basically is a card of a guru, key to knowledge, mentor, just and fair person, doesn’t worry about things, responsibile, very careful and doesn’t loose anything, moral law, learned, someone traditional, someone who can start a cultural organisation, leader of an heritage organisation, being identified to a group, intitutionalised setting, working in a team.

It depends on your question and which spread you used..

HarleyQuinnX

Well for me, the Hierophant can represent tradition. He knows all about rituals from the past and doesn't really like to learn new ones.

So for that particular position, maybe it means that things are stuck in the same place. Getting stagnant, and nothing new is happening. My personal impression of the Hierophant is one of a person who is very smart and helpful in times of need, but very dull to have around for parties. :)

Anyways, I hope this helped you any.

doreen

Maybe at the present time your life has fallen into a pattern or a rut.
So maybe it is time you changed your pattern or approach, to what ever the situation at hand is.
Doreen

Sophie

The Hierophant is the teacher, the mentor of the tarot, in the old-fashioned sense. So you could be learning something at the moment, and you are cautioned to take notice of the lesson and be a good student. He is also a spiritual leader, and gives out blessings - hence his associations with weddings and other rites of passage that require outside blessings. So you could be blessed in an endeavour and given an encouragement to continue.

I am interested in the responses here. I received this card (RWS) as advice to follow this morning, for a specific question I asked. I took it as: take the traditional route and consider the project blessed.

On the other hand, yes, he can also be stuck in empty tradition. The other cards will indicate where to lean in your interpretation.

rahnefan

What was the context (other cards/placements)?

rahnefan

I meant, what other cards were drawn?

Al Si'ra

I totally agree with what everyone says;plus i also have seen this card for big conflicts that one is going through-especially about some belief they have..and they can't find a way to solve it like the hiero does..in this case the person might need a guide just like the hiero-a third person-a mediator someone wiser to show him the way-'cause the person might not be finding a way to solve the conflict by himself ..

Hiero-for me- sometimes means "compromise" finding the grey shade between the black and white..somebody might believe that there is no other way than black and the other might believe that white is the right way and they can't in anyway find a way to get together physically in their ordinary lives maybe they do spiritually but they can't apply any methods to their earthly lives-but there is a way and hiero shows them exactly that.-that is one of my personal interpretations for Hiero-the wise LOL
BUT the black and the white person (beliefs) needs to respect eachother-understand eachother in order to exist together..there is a lot learning to do :)

:love:
xx

ultimatefortune

Not sure if anyone shares this view but i see it as slavery to knowledge, being led into the direction desired without pause into a situation of servitude, but not nesisarily a negitive servitude, more like, serving though ignorance and being guided by insight