High Priestess as Ideal Woman?

caridwen

I asked what kind of woman is B attracted to and received the High Priestess.

I would love some ideas from others on what kind of woman a High Priestess type would be.

So far I'm thinking:

Passive
Powerful
Mysterious
Intuitive
Virginial
Aloof
Loner
Unobtainable

She certainly woulnd't be the life and soul of the party and she would surely be the opposite of the Empress.

Would she be androgynous? The Empress is 'all woman' so big and bountiful, so would the High Priestess be small hips and breasts? I'm thinking EMOish...

What do you guys think? Not as a concept or archetype but the HP translated into an ideal woman:)

Zechariah13

Well, for starters, in every deck i see, the HP is much more powerful than the Empress, as she deals with the spiritual world. Honestly, i would see her as being intuitive, quiet yet powerful, in control of her emotions, understanding and in complete awareness of the things that happen beyond the visible. Hardly emo. The Empress might be the Earth Mother and EVerywoman, but if thats the case than the HP is the embodiment of feminine energy. Goddess incarnate is my preferred thought here.

I dont know if it helps you at all. BUt i always see the Priestess discussing non-material qualities

caridwen

Well, for starters, in every deck i see, the HP is much more powerful than the Empress, as she deals with the spiritual world. Honestly, i would see her as being intuitive, quiet yet powerful, in control of her emotions, understanding and in complete awareness of the things that happen beyond the visible. Hardly emo. The Empress might be the Earth Mother and EVerywoman, but if thats the case than the HP is the embodiment of feminine energy. Goddess incarnate is my preferred thought here.

I dont know if it helps you at all. BUt i always see the Priestess discussing non-material qualities

You see I see both the Empress and High Priestess as the emodiment of 'feminine' energy.

I certainly see her as powerful but whereas the Empress' power in external it is something you can see and is manifest, the HP would be internal.

The EMO comment was really about how these very abstract qualities translate to a living breathing person. I don't mean she cakes on black eyeliner but has a deep inner world that does not express itself so well on the outside. This woman would be a loner, she would guard her private life, she would probably be prone to long silences or meditative pauses. She may make some people uncomfortable.

She would be very choosy about sexual and romantic partners being the 'virgin' so if a man saw her as his ideal woman he would be more attracted to quiet, withdrawn, intellectual types rather than busty, bar maids if you see what I mean:D

espearite

I asked what kind of woman is B attracted to and received the High Priestess.

I would love some ideas from others on what kind of woman a High Priestess type would be.

So far I'm thinking:

Passive
Powerful
Mysterious
Intuitive
Virginial
Aloof
Loner
Unobtainable

She certainly woulnd't be the life and soul of the party and she would surely be the opposite of the Empress.

Would she be androgynous? The Empress is 'all woman' so big and bountiful, so would the High Priestess be small hips and breasts? I'm thinking EMOish...

What do you guys think? Not as a concept or archetype but the HP translated into an ideal woman:)

I am seeing her with the additional qualities of her being her own person, or more independent than The Empress (who is in a partnership with The Emperor). I would think that yes, she would probably have to be unmarried or without children, leaning toward, ah-hem, you know, virgin side of things. She has her own power... very mysterious, captivating, magnetic. She can show him things he never dreamed. I hate to be archtypal, but she may also know exactly where she stands, what she wants and have an intuition about it. I'm thinking he wants someone who can hold her own but not be bogged down by the everyday things in the way The Empress is.

caridwen

I am seeing her with the additional qualities of her being her own person, or more independent than The Empress (who is in a partnership with The Emperor). I would think that yes, she would probably have to be unmarried or without children, leaning toward, ah-hem, you know, virgin side of things. She has her own power... very mysterious, captivating, magnetic. She can show him things he never dreamed. I hate to be archtypal, but she may also know exactly where she stands, what she wants and have an intuition about it. I'm thinking he wants someone who can hold her own but not be bogged down by the everyday things in the way The Empress is.

Interesting, thanks for your thoughts:)

I see the Magician and High Priestess as cohorts so I'm afraid she's in cohoots:D I see what you mean however and I certainly don't see the Magician and High Priestess as involved in a co dependent relationship:p Both would be independent from the other. I see the Empress/Emperor bonding as more earthy and the High Priestess/Magician pairing as more intellectual as the Magician is communication and the HP is the intellect.

I think she would be a librarian:D So quiet, knowledgable, not someone who chases after men, she would probably shy away from advances.

I don't see her as bogged down by the everyday and she has a rich inner life. I imagine her as a lecturer or writer. So I think this man would like the intellectual type, someone he could possibly learn from, who intrigues him and has many layers.:)

Debra

Like a really good yoga teacher.
I had a couple of High Priestess yoga teachers. They didn't pile on the mystery. They just carried it.

Grizabella

She's very discreet is what comes first to my mind. Not one to kiss and tell. She's a lot of the things the others have mentioned, too, of course.

watercup

She is that quiet, knowing voice that dwells within all of us....when we read between the lines...we find her there.

PAMUYA

Love all the answers, I would think that the HP could be any body shape that is not important, it is the inner strength, wisdom, the need not to need material things, very spiritual, that is what B finds appealing. Never thought the HP as a virgin, I agree with those that she will never kiss and tell, or boast of her conquests.

Sar

I do not think the HP is virginal in that sence, is more like sex and relationship is not the most importent thing for her.