Hit by a Train

Satori

Well, these things happen. During your professional Tarot career I suppose you have many different things that can happen, and this is a first for me.

I did a Halloween party last fall. I read for lots of people, and as the night wore on they got drunker. One woman was putting her life back together after lots of troubles and hardships. Many decisions she had made were not very good and she was pretty messed up.

Just heard that she was hit by a train the other day. Lost an arm and a leg...and is struggling to stay alive.

It was one of those readings where you struggle to find the light in the life in front of you. Where you dig deep to show the sitter that life can change and brighten and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

We talked about her need for support...lots of it.
We talked about her need for therapy.
We talked about the things she had going for her.
We talked about the struggle she had coming.

But I never saw that train.
And I wonder now if I wanted to see it.

Now please folks, I don't need shoring up. I'm good with what happened. She has her life, she made her choices, she is living with the results of her decisions, as are we all. So I'm not at all feeling like I didn't do my job.

What I wonder about is if I was blinded by my need to be so positive in all of my readings. Now a good amount of time has passed so maybe it wasn't really there to be seen. I just wonder if sometimes we don't see the darkness because of our need for the light.

Acacia

I've asked myself the same questions. I sometimes struggle to find the good, the positive, in the readings and wonder if I am diluting the message because of that. But you don't want someone going away from you more depressed than when they came. At least I don't. If they don't leave laughing, or at least feeling they have options I don't feel I've done my job.

ana luisa

It´s human nature . We need to look for brighter things to keep us alive. I don´t think any reader likes to dig deep in search for the worst. We want to help the querent, not scare. We are supposed to provide him/her with ways to face the hardships so being optimistic should never hurt. Sometimes, though, things simply HAVE to happen. I know, it may sound pretty fatalistic. But throughout my life I´ve seen and experienced situations like yours, when something/someone wouldn´t let me know a part of the truth. Go figure why... Just to give you an example. I used to read a lot for myself. I always got this weird combination of man,coffin and child ( I was using the Lenormand Oracle at the time). I spent literaly years trying to figure out who the man and the child were. I lost count of the times I read and reread to find answers, to no avail. Until one day, one month after my first child was born, my dad committed suicide. After this day, the triad stopped showing in my readings. Well, I was not "allowed" to know. Period. Maybe we can only change so much of our destiny...

franniee

I've been wondering the exact same thing - I always see the good thru the adversity - I see the adversity and all and I do describe it but I always see the light at the end of the tunnel when I read and I just wonder.....

I guess I am doubting the light and that isn't a good thing.

Umbrae

We always have to be honest, and give the message as we see it at the time of the reading.

Events four months out may be beyond the scope of our reading, or perhaps our abilities. And yea...this kinda thing happens...

tarotreader2007

Well, I know that when you read tarot, you are reading the energies around people. But I believe that God or those person's angels do not want you reading those things that can greatly affect their life if you tell them. I firmly believe that everything was meant to be (not necessarily predestination) and if this person knew that they were going to get hit by a train, do you ever think that they would stand near some train tracks. I believe that you life is somewhat planned out and this majorly influences where her life is going to go. If it had not happened, it wouldn't fit what was planned out for her. Therefore, someone has to be blocking you from reading her energies. After all, while we are Earth bound, don't we want to go through experiences here that we can't once we cross over???

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

firecatpickles

Satori said:
But I never saw that train.
And I wonder now if I wanted to see it.

I have not read through all the posts in this thread yet, but your predicament moves me to say something.

I have recently gone through something very similar. I wonder what I could have done, what more could I have said in my readings for him. He didn't want to hear what I had to say. But there was a clear "danger" warning in each one we did, about where he lived. Nothing too specific, just general. But a warning nonetheless.

You can talk all you want but unless someone is willing to listen...

But really you mustn't beat yourself over the head with this. Accidents happen.

YDM42

I believe the Universe is neutral-always equal and opposite. Your reading was asking her to focus on the positive aspects- which could have been a precursor- a preparation of what was to come. Knowing our needs are a very good start to finding our way. No- I do not believe you only wanted to see positive, I believe that you were an instrument to help her to see the good surrounding her. We often pay so much attention to the bad that the good falls to by the way side. I hope that she became well grounded in her support system- in the least began to recognize that she had one- that may enable her to pull through and come out better than ever.

Grizabella

We're always saying that nothing is set in stone. That things change depending on the choices we make. So I think it's pretty elementary----obviously her future wasn't set in stone so you didn't see it. What you did see for her was influenced by the actions she took in between the reading and the accident.

We're probably not very likely to know the outcomes of most of the readings we do, but even if we did, our "accuracy" probably wouldn't be all we'd hope it to be. I think life is such that we're not supposed to know a lot of it. I don't think we should be able to go to a reader of some sort, tarot or otherwise, and find out the future with any big rate of accuracy. Just my own opinion, mind you. :)

Kenny

I don't feel we should know and see all. There's things that are always better off not knowing; if she knew that a train would hit her and she'll lose her limbs how would she react to that knowledge? We do what we can for whom we can.

There was a novel I read about a girl who picked up her mother's tarot cards and after reading a dark reading she put them away thinking they were evil. I don't think tarot is evil, just that wherever humans are there is always darkness!