Holding back because maybe I'm just a loon

AmethystEyes

Do you ever find yourself holding back what pops into your head when reading? Thinking,"wow thats random, maybe I'm just crazy and my imagination is on a run". Should I say that to them?? :bugeyed: I guess that's all part of learning to trust your intuition. But I wonder if its all in my head, just me?

The HP

Nope. Not just you. I wonder the same thing.

Amanda

I struggled with this. From time to time, I still do. I think the way of getting through that was 1) song lyrics. They would come random when I hadn't even been listening to music and just play over and over again in my mind until I finally realized that I didn't just have a song stuck in my head. Like, I would be perplexed by a card in spread I was looking at or doing for someone, racking my brain -- totally unsure if I should say something or not, and somewhere in that mix a song lyric would start. That opened up the way for actual words. I don't "hear" the songs or the words. There is no actual sound coming through my earhole like normal sounds. It just feels like energy seeping gently through the side of my head into my brain, and it feels/sounds like words -- like an echo of something you might have just heard for real (but you didn't actually hear anything for real). This seems to be what happens when I start to feel like holding back information.

Go ahead, call me crazy! :p

laurence

Have you got an exemple?? Do you mean that you have an intuition that seems too crazy or unapropriate that you don't dare to tell them?

Obviously, we can't tell everyone exactly what we think. We need to be diplomatic.

zannamarie

I've learned to trust that little voice and usually say it no matter how loony it seems. :D I just know I'm probably going to sound like a loon, but I say or type it anyhow.

Morwenna

I've had that problem all along: how to distinguish between intuition and imagination. And I definitely have a strong imagination and always have. I honestly don't have an answer, except to say that no, you are not crazy. You're in good company.

Barleywine

I'm always on the "front lines" with this since I only do face-to-face readings and don't get second chances to not screw up. I'm prone to imaginitive leaps in my interpretations (free-association stuff that usually spirals out from a solid but more prosaic understanding of the imagery and the background symbolism). When you're talking and not typing you have to keep things moving, but you can't let your mouth get ahead of your brain. If something comes to me from completely out of left field, I'll initially put it to the querent in the form of a cautious question to see if it resonates. If I get even a flicker of recognition, I'll push on into the subject to see where it goes. If not, I'll discard it or see if I can cast it in different terms.

danieljuk

when I started saying the things I was holding back on, my readings got a lot more accurate! that is different though to just saying what comes to you, I once had a very mean reading from someone and I mean mean! I always try to do my reading sensitively but if something comes to me or something weird or anything like that, I include it! I like to think that AT gave me confidence to do that and the worst that can happen is you are wrong or on the wrong track! but more times than not, people say how did you know that?

I do this in a careful way though, for example I was doing a tarot reading for someone and I got a sense of a court case. It just came to me but it was not in any of the tarot cards but it was related to work. so I said, this came to me and about the court case but I might be completely wrong on this, etc. There was an employment tribunal in the past. I try not to give those insights as definites but it's totally part of the learning process of becoming a great reader I think :)

Like Barleywine said, be cautious! but add it in! you will be surprised how you get many random things right :thumbsup:

Alta

Yes, for me as well. Discerning between intuition and just making a personal association and thinking it applies can be difficult. And I am not always successful. My main 'trick' is going back over the train of thought that lead there and trying to see it popped in purely separately or I was just associating with something else.

Tanga

Do you ever find yourself holding back what pops into your head when reading? Thinking,"wow thats random, maybe I'm just crazy and my imagination is on a run". Should I say that to them?? :bugeyed: I guess that's all part of learning to trust your intuition. But I wonder if its all in my head, just me?

Lol.
I never think I'm crazy.

But If I'm in doubt - like Barleywine, I'll carefully enquire..."this comes to mind for me - does it makes any sense to you?" etc.
I find if I don't say what popped in - I've ended up missing something useful for them.

More often the problem for me is how to phrase things diplomatically.