Horned One/Devil as what someone needs

Anyankah

I drew the Horned One (using Llewellyn) as how to best give someone what they need. I'm more familiar with the meaning of the Devil, which is almost the most nonsensical card possible in this situation. Can anyone help me with how to make some sense of this?

Thanks

Mellifluous

Could be fun, to be a little looser or wilder than usual. Could be sex (if applicable to your situation, lol). Could be that they need to feel a bond.

Just the first things that came to mind. :)

Sophie

The Horned One in the Llewellyn is shown as a wild man of the woods, meditating alone, covered in animal pelts with only a wolf, lying down a little way away, for company. It's a different image, and symbol, from the traditional Tarot Devil.

From this image, and from the myth associated with it, I would say what this person needs is to reconnect with their instinctual nature, away (at least mentally) from the trappings of civilisation, and time spent alone to be free from any bonds that have forced them into a mold that doesn't belong to them. Sometimes it takes having to go to the depth of being - and despair - in order to reach that place of sanity and freedom. They also need to be in nature - I mean real nature, not a garden or a park - in the woods and mountains. A weekend or vacation far from the madding crowd in a totally natural environment, roughing it a bit (camping perhaps) will do them the world of good.

If you are asking what this person needs, I am assuming you think they need help. It seems from this card that the help they really need is to be left alone - with just some discreet unspoken presence (like the wolf in the card) to let them know they have company when they require it. Wolves are very nurturing, but not demanding. That wolf has also accepted to be away from the pack to keep the Horned One company.

Mariana

Anyankah said:
I'm more familiar with the meaning of the Devil, which is almost the most nonsensical card possible in this situation.
I'm not familiar with the Llewellyn, but in general I often read the devil as one's own projections and fears, in the way that people tend to demonise others they are afraid of or who represent the opposite position in a black and white worldview. So as advice, I would read it as a need to face a certain fear and overcome it, to do some shadow work.

Anyankah

Fudugazi said:
It seems from this card that the help they really need is to be left alone - with just some discreet unspoken presence (like the wolf in the card) to let them know they have company when they require it. Wolves are very nurturing, but not demanding. That wolf has also accepted to be away from the pack to keep the Horned One company.

Thanks. I had not thought much about the wolf and this is very helpful.

(The question was assuming that everyone has needs but the answer is just as relevant either way.)

room

I would have just said "sex." Worth a try?

Sophie

Well - the Llewellyn Horned One looks like he needs a good shower before he can hope to persuade someone to have sex with him :D. Maybe you can find a nice waterfall in that forest...