Three (3) of Swords - Talking About Feelings?

GoddessArtemis

I have had this card come up for at least a week now about what someone will do regarding their feelings for me. I honestly don't feel that they're going to try to hurt me, because the 3 of Swords is usually the clarifier..to gentler cards.

Can this card not mean being hurtful, or breaking your heart...but discussing your feelings instead? Using the Druidcraft...three swords are leaning against a tree with three holes in it. It makes me think the pain of the swords are gone...now all you have to look/talk about (talking, because it's swords) is the pain and scarring.

Am I right? I don't want to think that 3 of Swords is immediately heartbreak, heartache, pain, etc.

What do you think?

GA

.traveller.

It could mean that, or perhaps they will pull away because they are the ones in pain.

Dolphin_Dreamer

HI

I'm on agreeance with your not wanting to think it means heartbreak/ache as most do interpret it that way. I think to a degree it depends on the context too as is subjective as most of the cards are. In my book, which I tend to refer to most when I question meanings, Lovers' Tarot, it says to take a good look at the card (it is based on the rider-waite images) as "the swords pierce a cartoon heart, there is no blood. The clouds, becoming lighter, indicate a change for the better. This is false heartbreak". How I interpret this and have adopted this approach, is that it is knowledge or reason (swords) penetrating the heart (our emotions, our values, etc). Most often it has come up for me when reading when we 'grow' in our thoughts. For example we get older and realize what our parents/society/school told us was the 'watered-down' or child-safe version or even just what they wanted us to know of THEIR truth or a truth. The heartbreak isn't literally that someone is going to hurt you, but rather the idea of learning the adult version of a truth. I've seen it most often for those who didn't believe in tarot, psy abilities or 'hidden' things and were trying to get their mind around how they knew another's passed over loved ones personality and how they interacted with them. So to me because it's in the swords category I don't tend to assign the weight to the emotional aspect of it... I leave that to the 5 and 8 of cups... (altho the 5 doesn't quite seem to totally say that either).

So now that I've blabbed your 'eyes' off hehe, I think in reference to your question, and it also, I think would depend on the other cards around it, that (using what I've said as an example) that someone will 'grow-up' in regards to thier feelings to you. With my example in mind, what comes up to say is that there is a difference now to "I hate you" or being mean to someone on the play ground and now the realization is geez was I not liking this person cause we were alike, cause deep down I liked them, or cause I just didn't understand them etc... At some point we come to the truth of why we feel the way we really do, if we really feel that way, and some times we come to the understanding that it's just a waist of energy to go on hating or being mean.

sigh in short the person is going to change in how they act/react to you. With the druidcraft as I'm not familiar with it, I do like your interp better as to me the heartbreak idea doesn't seem to fit...

ana luisa

When I get this card using the Druidcraft, it makes me think of laying cards on the table, being completely honest about the relationship and opening up.No hurt but honesty, especially because there´s no blood. The rock in which they´re standing, the tree behind them and their perfect balance suggests a solid relationship as a result of that.

WalesWoman

If you are using Druidcraft, then I would agree that this could be about talking about the things that may have created those scars in the tree, things from the past, but also things they have learned or maybe where they are coming from (since the three swords are balance on the stable stone... the basis), so yes, it could be about feelings and healing and why they feel the way they do.

It would be interesting tho' to know who represents the tree and it's rough bark that has sealed and healed over the scars.

GoddessArtemis

WalesWoman said:
It would be interesting tho' to know who represents the tree and it's rough bark that has sealed and healed over the scars.
Well, that's an interesting question. I think each person will feel that they are the ones who are more hurt and trying to heal or are scarred...so I guess it will depend on what will come out of this reading/situation. We'll see. :)

GA

coeur

I would interpret it as having something to say that they worry might upset you--the truth of some hidden situation coming out. It might suggest just spitting something out that they find not-so-appealing.

GoddessArtemis

I thought of another thing for the 3 of Swords: breaking the silence.

If the 2 of Swords is a stalemate, and not much is happening because the woman (in the card) is holding up the two swords across her chest, then it makes sense to think of 3 of Swords as breaking that stalemate..and since swords are the suit of communication, it'd make sense to think of it as "breaking the silence"--esp. if people aren't speaking to one another.

Make sense?

GA

starrystarrynight

GA said:
I thought of another thing for the 3 of Swords: breaking the silence.
This makes perfect sense to me! I frequently see this card come up where there has been a breakdown of communication between people and a real need to open the floodgates and let 'er rip. Once the parties' real truths come out, they can then proceed to the Four of Swords to begin to heal.