How can I discern someone's intentions?

Jypsie

I need a spread to help me figure out what someone else's intentions are in a situation.

Here's the story. *sigh* this is a very short version.
Jypsie loves Joey. Joey loves Jypsie. Then he loses interest, all of the sudden for NO APPARENT REASON. Even Joey says there is no reason for it, and he is stumped. But there is another girl, let's call her the Thief. Everyone close to Jypsie and Joey think that Joey has been brainwashed by the Theif. He thinks he is in love with her and noone trusts her. Noone= Jypsie's friends and Joey's friends too! Yay for Jypsie, everyone is on her side. But sadly, she is very very very heartbroken.

*Sigh*

Sorry, had to tell it in 3rd person! takes a little of the edge off, ya know?

So what I wanna know is: What are the Thief's intentions? I need as objective a spread as possible. We think she is just using him. So I need an absolutely clear mind, totally objective as possible attitude and a good spread to help me learn all I can.

Mimers

My heartfelt advise to Jypsie would be to let Guy go out of love. Let him be used and learn from it. I would also not reccomend doing a spread about someone else's feelings or intents unless they are there and you are not emotionally involved.

I also know this is easier said than done. Hang in there Jypsie! It will all work out for the best.

Mimi

lark

Hi Jypsie

This spread is called the Ex Lovers spread:
From Power Tarot.

1. Past history of your relationship.
2. Where you are now.
3. Where your ex is now.
4. What you really feel about getting back together.
5. What your ex really feels about getting back together.
6. Who or what opposes what you want.
7. Who or what can help you get what you want.
8. Something you may not know about the situation.
9. Outcome or resolution.

Hope it helps shine a little light on your situation.
All my best. lark

Aerten

I think I'm with Mimers, I don't know about intruding into another's thoughts... I think another person's mind should be their personal space. If someone did a spread about what I thougth of them, I'd be pretty PO'd to say the least .. :)

But maybe you could do a spread about possibilities you haven't considered, and maybe you'll find something that makes sense.

Ie. "What might be causing me to not be able to see Theif's real intentions?" or "What aspect of Theif's actions/words should I pay attention to in order to see what she's really up to?"

Sorry I couldn't be more specific with a spread. Just an ethical consideration...? But I know everyone uses their cards for different purposes, so it's up to you of course! Hope I didn't offend...

Imagemaker

Because the only person you can hope to understand is yourself, and because I tend to get more from small spreads (too many cards confuses me), I'd suggest:

1 -- my core issue in this situation
2 -- what is my next, best step now?

Jypsie

Thanks all for the advice. I tend to want to analyze everything from every possible angle. First of all, this isn't like a 2 month old relationship that is dissolving right before my eyes, it's a long-term thing that just stopped dead in its tracks. Out of the blue, with no warning, for no real reason except her. For myself, let's just say I've seen a lot of 3 of Swords and 10 of Swords lately.
For a while, I have only been going on what he tells me about her. Her intentions are real, she loves him the same way I love him, he knows he can trust her. No matter how bad I feel, I want him to be in a caring relationship at least.
But I had a convo with a friend of his yesterday- she has an uncanny 6th sense and just "knows" things. She told me that from the first time he told her about the Thief, she had an uneasy feeling about it. And she knows more than I do, or at least has know this was going on for longer than I did. She feels like this girl is out to use him and has no good intentions at all. Of course, since I really care about him, I don't wanna see him mess himself and what we had up for someone who will just abuse him. It sucks.
So, I'm in such a pickle. I can't do anything but sit back and watch! If maybe I could feel like maybe he does have something real, it would be so much easier to let him go....
I guess I'm selfish in all this... I know I am cause I want to be happy and he makes me happy (well, not anymore of course, now he just makes me feel like crap). So maybe *I* don't have the best intentions trying to figure the Thief out.
He told me last night she wants to talk to me, and I'm not sure if I should trust anything she says or not now. No matter how much she says she understands what I'm going through, she won't, because she has him and I don't.
Sorry guys. I find it cathartic to talk about it, I can't just keep it in. I have honestly never felt this sad before in all my life, and I've been pretty bad in the past. I need to vent or it will make me cold and bitter. All I want is my faith back.

Jen

Hi Jypsie,
Her wanting to speak with you sounds kind of funny to me. She must not understand what you're going through or what a tender spot you're in right now. If you can, let us know how that goes.

Jen

Jypsie

I thought so to. I told him the other day I wanted to call her and talk to her, but I was hysterical at the time. I wanted to beg her to leave him alone; if she had never happened he would have figured his problems with me out. And I know he has doubts- though he hasn't said it in as many words, he tells me in other ways he's not so sure he's making the right decision.
I agree, I think it sounds fishy. She wants to act sympathetic and like she understands, but she's only known him a little while compared to the years I have known him. And there is absolutely nothing SHE of all people can say to me to make me feel better, unless it's: "I was wrong to pursue him when I knew he was with you and I will leave him alone now so he can figure out his true feelings."
I guess it was because of our friend's confession that she feels something is wrong with her intentions that I started wondering if I could find out for myself with the Tarot. It set off a bell in my head that just won't stop ringing to hear it coming from someone besides me, that my own feeling was not just my subjective wrath.

Lady Mary

Joey is (most probably) an adult and he must make his own decisions.

When I read Jypsie's story I somehow couldn't help feeling that she's treating Joey like a little kid. It sounds like a fight between two women and Joey is somehow only an "object". He can't figure out the situation, but Jypsie and the Thief know what's best for him.

And even if Jypsie had the proof that the Thief's intentions are thoroughly bad and evil, what would she do with this knowledge?