How do you add cards to the Celtic Cross?

fordblackorchid

I've heard that if you need more inside on the Outcome card in the Celtic Cross spread, you can pick more cards on it.
If so, how to do this properly? Where to put the cards? How many cards do I add to the spread? Should I shuffle the deck again?

starrystarrynight

I just deal a card (or two or three) off the top of the deck and lay them to the side of the outcome card. Then, too, I glance at the card on the bottom of the deck, and invariably, that adds to the overall meaning of the spread--it is always relevant somehow.

But the clarifier(s) always seem to expand the overall meaning of the spread--especially the outcome. In other words, when the Outcome Card indicates what may happen, a clarifier will often be a court card to tell me who may be involved in affecting that outcome--or a card with, perhaps, a negative (or positive) connotation that will sway the outcome in that direction.

fordblackorchid

thank You so much for this. Sounds quite simple. Thnx for the guidelines, appreciate it!

alexeales

thats exactly how I do it too, I guess as long as you are thinking about what the card is for as you draw it, it doesn't really matter where you put it physically.

I am sure I have seen a spread that is essentially the Celtic Cross, but like the four down the right hand side, has another four above it/to the left hand side. But I might be wrong. I can check my book for you...

cesara

I also, may pull an extra card or two for the outcome position....it depends on a couple of things including, of course, a need for clarification....I do this especially if the outcome card is not a major arcana, and I will pull until a major comes up. This technique has proven very helpful for me. :)