Paired cards -- "Gemini" spread

whipsilk

Although I'm fairly new to tarot, I've recently become interested in how the cards work in tandem, reading cards in pairs and determining the message not only from the two cards, but how they combine and interact with each other. I decided to take this one step further and create a "simple" spread which explores this possibility. Below is my "Gemini" spread; apologies if someone has done this before, I didn't search through all the spread postings (but I did look at the most recent ones). First, the layout:

-----7/8-----
-------------
1/2--3/4--5/6

I actually lay the cards out by having the upper left corner of the second card overlap the lower right corner of the first card, so that they are in physical contact with each other.

I designed this spread to be used either with or without a question; I also wanted to create a spread that could be used for "telling a story". The card positions and their meaning are:
1/2 - The Past - What is the background or immediate past of the issue?
3/4 - The Present - What is the current situation? Alternately, what is the issue itself and its current status?
5/6 - The Future - What are the alternative outcomes of the issue or situation?
7/8 - Actions - What must be done to reach the desired or optimal outcome?

Although I certainly would appreciate anyone using this spread, I'm not necessarily recommending that, since I'm new to spread-making and haven't had a lot of experience with this particular spread (in fact, I've only done one reading -- I'll post in the Readings section). But I am looking for feedback or suggestions as to how this spread might be improved, or what the potential issues with it are. Thanks, in advance, for any advice and/or comments.

vernissage

The name interested me -- I like the idea of a spread for a zodiac sign, even if that isn't the intent here.

Cards read together are awesome sources for clarifying positions and generally learning more. For a simple spread, this is a good one. :)

I for one look forward to seeing the new spreads you make as you grow in Tarot.

- V.

memries

Sounds great to me although I am not "experienced" enough to give a knowledgeable critique. However, I am going to try it. It is simple and to the point and not hard to remember. I like that. It will be interesting to see in the Reading section what happens...thanks