How do you carry your mini deck?

EvaSegovia

I'm thinking of buying the rws mini deck (1.2 x 2 x 3.2 inches) to carry along in my bag. Problem is, I can't figure out how to protect it when I do.... The box is just too flimsy IMO. Any suggestions? Thanks. Eva.
PS: I'd rather not do leather...

JONIKA

Hi Eva, I have this deck and I love it! I use it for all my readings...I carry it in a small drawstring baggy. It fits the deck perfectly. It's not too small or too big. It's a Chinese-themed bag: made from a black shiny fabric with a golden thread. The inside of the bag is red (red fabric). I found it by accident...One day I walked into a shop with all these oriental and Indian goods and saw this bag sitting alone on a shelf...Perhaps, you could go to a gemstone shop or a store with incense and you can find a bag of the size you need.

LisaStarlight

I don't carry my mini deck with me, but if I did I'd probably look into finding one of those metal tins to store it in. You can buy them on Ebay, or find them in op shops (thrift stores).

rubyofjoy

altoid tins

I saw on amazon that another person mentioned that she stores her mini deck in an altoid's tin. and there are lots of examples online of ideas how to decorate the tin, if you want to. Also I have metaphysical store that sells inexpensive velvet bags in 3 different sizes. their small size fits the smaller decks perfectly. It is fun to find ways to store your different decks. I quite love the idea of using altoid tins, as I have been saving some pretty ones, not wanting to throw them away.

EvaSegovia

Unfortunately I've only been able to find one vintage tin on Etsy that will fit, and they want $25! I thought of the Altoids too, but they're only 5/8" tall :/ Has anyone compared the RWS mini deck to the RWS Centennial in a Tin? Is the Centennial that much bigger?

EvaSegovia

Ahhh.... Eureka!!! Maymom on eBay has a set of 6 plastic boxes with lids (1.25 x 2.3 x 3.6 inches) Mini RWS is (1.2 x 2 x 3.2 inches) Sounds like a perfect fit to me! Only thing is, they only sell sets of 6 for $11.33. AND OH FUDGE!!! THEY DON'T SHIP TO HAWAII!!!! back to square one..... sigh....

EvaSegovia

Ahhh.... Eureka!!! Maymom on AMAZON has the same set of 6 plastic boxes with lids (1.25 x 2.3 x 3.6 inches) for $7.98!!!! So bizarre.... Anyway, I'll figure it out in the am. Have everybody book marked. Thanks everybody for joining me on that little whirlwind! Eva

Le Fanu

Be careful with tins. I'm always picking up tins and it's rare to find a tin that fits a tarot deck. Once I get home and try it out, it ends up being 'oh well, there's always Lenormand...' I think a little bag is going to be your easiest option.

Gwynydd

If you haven't bought the deck yet, I'd recommend the Centennial Tarot in a tin, if you think it would interest you.

gregory

I find boxes and bags of all sizes in dollar stores. Take the deck with you and try it out.