How do you feel about reading for family?

greatdane

Wow Celtic

That's a GREAT caveat for all readers! I think some people THINK they want to know (like your young relative), but can't handle knowing and, thank goodness, you were wise and refused after finding she couldn't deal with. You know the saying, be careful for what you ask for? Well, I know there are those that sooo take readings to heart and even if a reader just gave them a mild be careful, they would see that as meaning they were going to be struck by lightning.

SunChariot

I would have no problem with it in general...except for my family are all very anti-Tarot and spirituality pretty well in any form. And I don't like to read for skeptics.

Otherwise, I'd be happy to. I have none of those problems with things being too personal. I want to feel close to my family and sharing personal things together brings you closer. Just that my family in particular would not ever want a reading or be open to it.

Babs

Amanda

I read for friends all the time. Family members don't really care to know what I'm up to, otherwise I'd probably read for them too.

Sinduction

I will read for anyone. :D Even my dogs, but nothing much going on in those readings.

I read for my mother and sister. Not too often, but I always do when they ask for one. I read for my 5 year old nephew a lot. We pull cards and he tells me things. It's really cute. Then I tell my sis what I've read from his cards, again not much going on for him but he thinks it's fun.

I'm one of those who forgets the reading once the cards are away so I don't really hold on to what I see when I read. We don't keep secrets so I don't think there is anything to see that I wouldn't want to know or don't already know.

Golden Moon

I won't, I feel like I know them to much, and where is the sense in that?

greatdane

I like all the opinions

Both sides, reading or not reading for family or friends, makes sense to me, as you all just know whether cool for your particular family or not. I already pick up feelings about things (no, not saying I'm psychic, just maybe a little more tuned in than the regular person), so not sure if I will ever want to read for my family. Most wouldn't want me to anyway.

Thank you for sharing your ideas and stories.

GD

The Guided Hermit

I'm fine with reading for family.

My mother, who used to read palms and tea leaves, will not sit for me though. Now that she's older, she wants to live under a rock (hey, I wonder if we're related!) but her rock is used to hide from reality. She doesn't want to face the fact that she is aging and has a number of health issues that she has chosen to ignore (namely severe osteo).

My readings would be far too honest for her liking.

greatdane

Strange, Hermit...

I mean I do understand your mother NOT wanting to know certain things, but I think I would want to know. I guess some people aren't ready or can't handle certain information and I respect that.

woodsyowl

no problem reading for family or friends. as long as the person is ok with it, there is no problem. everyones situation is different; everyone has the right to view things differently. each case is different for each person.

greatdane

Hey Woodsy!

How are you doing today? :) Your post is so right, everyone is different and I would respect people who didn't want to be read for because I would figure they knew they couldn't handle what they might hear. I think for some who don't want to be read for, it isn't they DON'T believe in the cards or a reader's ability, but because they DO and it scares them.