How long does a full moon last?

inanna_tarot

Hi all,
I was wondering, how long does the energies of a full moon last and impact on a person typically?

For example, I am still feeling the 'hit' of the Virgo full moon on Sunday and a few other people are still too. So I'm just curious what the astrological thought how long these energies impact on us, or do they stay there until the new moon?

tigerlilybug

That's a good question! I never thought of it that way because personally I feel affected everytime the moon shifts to a different sign although I was told the moon has a great affect on me. A friend of mine said she had been feeling the affects of the Cancer moon which was a waxing gibbous for days after it had passed which I did not, I was already feeling the affects of the Leo so I'm thinking this may be different for each individual and each moon full or not. I am absolutely no astrological expert here but I am very in tune with my body and keep an eye on the moon daily :) Sorry this was just my opinion but you have great question so I had to chime in!

Minderwiz

My wife is extremely sensitive to the Full Moon. She seems to notice about two days beforehand, occasionally three and about one day afterwards. So her sensitivity would be three to four days. The three days roughly corresponds with the Waning Moon disappearing from view and the first visibility of the crescent Moon (which some take as the New Moon). So take three days as a good approximation of effect.

Astrologically the quarter leading up to the Full Moon (when the Moon is waxing) and the corresponding quarter leading to the third quarter Moon take a week each. If you're starting projects then the first two quarters when the Moon is waxing are the time to do it.

Finally you can take the cycle from one Full Moon to another (or one New Moon to another) which is just over 29 days. You can use this as a predictive period for the effects shown through the New Moon of Full Moon chart.

ravynangel

deleted :)

Minderwiz

Wonderful information from Minderwiz, and we are also heading into eclipse season, making the lunar energy stronger than usual.

Yes usually it is reckoned to be from one eclipse to the next of the same kind