How Many Decks Have You Sold/Traded Away?

northsea

I've sold and traded away nearly 30 decks since I joined Aeclectic a few years ago (either because of change in tastes, or I bought it over the internet without looking at all the cards beforehand), and was wondering how many decks others have sold or traded. So how many?

Scorpion

Too many! No idea exactly, I'm afraid.....

northsea

Scorpion said:
Too many!

That's about how I feel about it, but I'm more selective in my buying now as I've become more familiar with what's out there, and what my tastes really are. It is kind of thrilling to have all of those decks pass through the hands though.

Scorpion

northsea said:
That's about how I feel about it, but I'm more selective in my buying now as I've become more familiar with what's out there, and what my tastes really are.
Yes, I agree - I'm less likely to grab something now just because it's a deck rather than checking if I really want it or am going to use it. Still got a few I could part with for the right incentive, but I would not now part with the majority of my collection.

northsea said:
It is kind of thrilling to have all of those decks pass through the hands though.
True - but I do still have the odd "must have that" moment before realising that I did and passed it on! In fact, I traded away my original Gilded, only to have to buy it again and it's currrently my daily deck.

northsea

I bought another copy of two decks I sold, Egyptian-Silvania and Fantastical, then sold the second copy! Very conflicted of me.

HearthCricket

I've sold lots of decks, and I feel so much better knowing other people have done the same as me-repurchasing decks we have sold! I find I sometimes take "tarot breaks" only to come back to it stronger and missing my decks. My husband said I need to learn to hand things over to him, before I give stuff away, and then hide them in the house. That way, when I want them back, he can pull them out! Last night I had a fun dream. I dreamt I was going through some deep closet and came across a huge cardboard box full of tarot decks. Not only did I see decks I had sold, but ones I have never even owned! I was so happy-until I woke up and realized it was only a dream! Well, now I want to shop for many a tarot deck and tuck them in my cabinet, again!

Alta

I also do not recall the exact number. Around 10 I would guess. I only replaced one traded away deck, the Shapeshifter.

Rarely trade away decks now because i always think 'hum, I might want this back after a while'. :D :D

jackdaw*

I've given away one, to a fellow AT'er who'd needed to rebuild her depleted collection, a deck she'd mentioned as her favourite. Aside from that, I haven't really had the heart to sell/give/trade any. Maybe I should go through my collection again ...

Cerulean

Given away more than I own...

which is the right proportion.

I think the trades and sales/exchanges are about even.

Best regards,

Cerulean

mythos

I ebayed one deck - The Goddess. I had already made a coffee-table top out of my first one, then someone gave me one, thinking that I must be missing reading with it. Lovely thought, but the reason it had ended up as a coffee table top was that I really never connected with it as a reading deck (or for collection) :shhh: Don't tell :laugh:

mythos:)

Attachments

• table3.jpg
    table3.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 91