How many people have a "go deck"?

jackdaw*

Lately I have been switching my decks weekly, reading exclusively with each deck in turn for a week. So the deck I carry is the one I am reading with. But whether I carry it around with me depends mainly on its size, as I am more likely to tuck a Lenormand, mini deck or majors-only in my pocket than a full-sized 78 card deck.

morticia monroe

Always. Usually the Bohemian Gothic, and one other that gets thrown into rotation. I don't worry about them getting banged up, I like them that way.

velvetina

I almost always have my trimmed tiny Thoth in my handbag; but today have just bought a mini RWS - I also have the Hallowe'en tarot-in-a tin, but usually just carry that in October!

If I am going away, I always take a deck! Usually the RWS.

celticnoodle

I have a small Hanson Roberts deck that is purse size and I carry that with me often. Sometimes, (depending on the purse I carry) I will put in a regular sized tarot deck and not the 'to go deck'. I also at times will carry a deck of playing cards with me. Sometimes the normal sized deck and at other times I'll carry a mini sized deck of playing cards.

The playing cards don't get the attention of others when I am out in public and happen to read for someone. Its a bit more 'private' as a result and we don't have to worry about all the glares of passersby.

MareSaturni

I don't worry about them getting banged up, I like them that way.

THAT! Precisely.

I don't mind getting my decks banged up, specially because I usually have extra copies of my workhorse decks, because they DO get banged up. Right now I am carrying my Playing Card Oracles (extra-banged up copy, lol!), a Hanson-Robert (a big worn) and a Grail Tarot (still looking mint). :)

The more worn the deck, the better it feels to shuffle them. My PCO and my Hanson-Roberts slide like butter between my hands! The Grail has a naturally 'soft' cardstock, but I'm sure it'll only get better with age. ;)

Emily

My Centennial RWS is turning into my go deck, I have it in an old Nintendo DS case, fits like a glove, and makes it very portable. Even if it goes to the bottom of my bag, its protected.

Aulruna

I always have a deck on me; most of the time it's either the Lo Scarabeo or Anna K. Sometimes I also have the Fairy Pack or Madame Endora in my purse.

Wee_Gypsy

I almost always have brought a deck with me to metaphysical events and when I do attend them-----it has became a habit----you know just in case---

--here I Thought I was weird!!!!

---I just throw one in the purse I am taking that day or whatever before I go to the event.

But NOT a "particular deck"--

Like for example I used to go to this metaphysical store every Saturday back when I lived in the states because my Uncle hung out there for years and I was active in the Pittsburgh Pagan community when I did live in the states----

It was cool there, at the store (Indian Summer) it was called----people were able to hang out in the back of the store and drink coffee, chill as long as they wanted and talk about metaphysical type things with other people of like minds as well as open minds on new age topic(S)

...we would show off gems, and of course tarots came up often like reading cards for each other for fun----it was a real community atmosphere...I miss it :(

---but the deck does change depending on the mood I am in,--there is no ONE deck ----
it could be which deck I am currently using, or it could depend on the event I am going to, or maybe I just got one in the post that day and I am excited about it!

and yes I did bring The Robin Wood Tarot to the 'Spirit Farye' I attended last weekend....here in Isle of Skye Scotland---

Chiriku

No, I have not carried around a deck "on the regular" since I was first learning tarot,13 or 14-odd years ago now. That was when I was at university, so I always had a schoolbag on my person, and the deck I was learning on went everywhere with me.

My development in tarot goes in fits and starts, with hiatuses every few years. I suppose I am in the middle of a "start" at the moment and thus am intrigued by the idea of carrying around a deck during my day, even though I know full well I won't have any time to interact with the cards during the workday. But the mere presence of it nearby will, I believe, comfort and please me even when I am drudging through the most mundane tasks and wishing I were elsewhere.

Glitterbird

I never leave home without one. I have Mystiches Kipper in my purse, mini secret tarot in my car and a couple of vintage RWS, Morgan tarot and Wildwood tarot at work. You just never know when you'll need one.