How many times we can perform Tarot Reading in a day?

goldfish82

I am a beginner in Tarot Journey.

Would like to know that we can perform tarot reading for ourselves how many times in a day? I mean for different questions everytime.

If a same question, can we perform the tarot reading on daily basis? for example like daily 3 cards?

Chiriku

Welcome,

I believe that, for myself anyway, performing more than one reading on the *same* question or topic within a short period of time just confuses the matter.

Inevitably, you will get a few different cards in that second, third, fourth reading on the same subject. Some of them may appear, especially to a new tarot reader like you, to contradict cards from one of the earlier readings. You may begin to wonder: "Well, which card has the final answer?"

If you want to do multiple readings because you just need practice, there is a nice Reading Exchange part of this website, where you can offer a reading to other members here, on whatever subject they ask you about.

Good luck.

nisaba

goldfish82 said:

Would like to know that we can perform tarot reading for ourselves how many times in a day? I mean for different questions everytime.

If a same question, can we perform the tarot reading on daily basis? for example like daily 3 cards?
I wouldn't even read for myself once a month, but I'm happy to pull random cards several times a day if I'm getting used to a new deck and getting it used to me. that's not the same as doing a reading, though.

With clients, I'm comfortable doing eight full-length readings a day. I am straining to do nine or ten even with the best self-care in the world, and more than that I haven't even tried. Mini-readings are a lot easier - I haven't run across a day offering me nothing but mini-readings, but I know they are a lot easier, so probably a lot more of them.

Inana

goldfish82 said:

About asking the same question, is not recommended to do it so frequently. Just wait since something that is affecting the issue has changed before reading again on it. Or wait for a prudential time, like two weeks or so (depending on what you are asking).

If reading on different questions for you in order to practice, I don't see any problem in doing several a day. Just make sure you are fresh and don't feel tired when reading.

goldfish82

Inana, thank you for ur advise.

When we were tired while reading cards, will it affected the outcome?

I read from certain websites, saying the card reading can did it once & to wait for 30 to 60 or 90 days only can go for the 2nd time, is that true? Or 2 weeks is good enough?

may i know what is the most recommended spread is more easier to manager for beginner? is it the piramid style 7 cards layout?

Alta

I think that you should not read again until the situation has substantially changed, otherwise the first reading stands. After all, what is the point, besides confusing yourself, on reading over and over on something that is not changing?

PedroEmperor

I wouldn't ask the cards about the same subject in the same day, unless for further clarification or advice - for example, when you do the reading and see the answer, I don't think is wrong to ask "What can I do to change it?" or "Should I do this?", you get the point. Just wait until the situation itself changes, or for what the cards show you to happen. If nothing changes in about 2-3 weeks, you can approach the subject again. Before that, I think it's just useless.

As for doing readings for yourself, I don't think there's a limit as long as you need some Tarot advice and do it without repeating yourself, and as long as you keep in mind that it's not healthy to have our life always depending on the cards :) I've seen people get to the point where they won't take a step without asking the cards if they should, and I find it really sad... As long as you keep things balanced and healthy, there are no rules about the number of readings you do, for yourself or for others.

gregory

I don't read for myself. But if I did I certainly wouldn't do a proper READING more than once a week- and not that often on the same issue. I wouldn't do THAT again unless something changed.

Pulling a card a day as a sort of base about what to expect and watch out for is different - but that isn't like a reading with a question, I think.

Inana

goldfish82 said:
When we were tired while reading cards, will it affected the outcome?
When one is tired, reading skills are affected. Same as with everything else. ;)

goldfish82 said:
I read from certain websites, saying the card reading can did it once & to wait for 30 to 60 or 90 days only can go for the 2nd time, is that true? Or 2 weeks is good enough?
I guess it depends on the subject and personal preferences. Of course, the best is to wait until there are some changes in the situation before reading again on the same.
I've suggested a two weeks frame, because to me is a minimum reasonable time to wait. Sometimes there are factors we are unaware of and can affect the situation, but most of the time this doesn't happens. A new reading can show how the situation is evolving. But is important to not get obsessed and repeat readings all the time.

goldfish82 said:
may i know what is the most recommended spread is more easier to manager for beginner? is it the piramid style 7 cards layout?
Seems a good one to start.

However, I would suggest to keep it very simple and go with 3 card readings (Past-Present-Future, Situation-Advice-Outcome, etc... there are some good ones in the spreads forum).
Another good way to start is to use a single card for each question.

SunChariot

goldfish82 said:

You can do as many readings are you want on different topics until you are too tored to read or are tired enogh tired enough to feel that the quality of your readings is being compromised. How many readings that is varies from person to person and even from day to day. You'll know inside when you're tired.

As for asking the sme question repeatedly, once you ask a question it's best not to ask again unless you suspect something may have changed in the situation since you last asked it. Otherwise the cards tend to stop working and give you nonsense answers, We've all seen that happen I'm sure.:grin:

Babs