How much time per day

Bad_Calvin

I do about an hour to two hours a day. I spend my "work" logged in here and post every know and again.

Grizabella

For those of you who think I'm spending so much time with this, it's just that it's my "what to do when there's nothing to do", you know? I'm busy with a lot of things around the house, but whenever I'm not doing other things, I'm usually shuffling or reading or doing spreads, like someone who crochets every time they sit down. I didn't mean for it to sound like I don't do anything else, but I can see how my post might have sounded a lot like that.

Azarial

I'm a stay at home mom, so I pretty much have nothing else to do but tinker around with my tarot cards, and tarot related subjects in my spare time, which I seem to have a lot of!

~Azarial~

Bad_Calvin

you do what you want to do. You won't get any flak from me.

idle hands do the devils work... keep those hands busy! :)

Lyric said:
For those of you who think I'm spending so much time with this, it's just that it's my "what to do when there's nothing to do", you know? I'm busy with a lot of things around the house, but whenever I'm not doing other things, I'm usually shuffling or reading or doing spreads, like someone who crochets every time they sit down. I didn't mean for it to sound like I don't do anything else, but I can see how my post might have sounded a lot like that.

Lion-O

RubyRuby said:
Where I'm just starting out, I'm finding I just can't get enough of it. I was on vacation last week, and I'm sure my husband thought I was going to turn into a tarot card. :)
hehe, which brings up another aspect for me; spending too much time on tarot. I don't know if this is possible, like all things you shouldn't overdo it, but when it comes to readings I'm sometimes curious as to the nature of some spreads.

Not too long ago, I believe in the 'illustrated spreads' book, I read about certain spreads where the footnote adviced not to try them too quick after another. Not sure from mind but I think it mentioned at least 3 days between the usage.

Has anyone ever heard of that one? For some reason I can understand you shouldn't overdo it but never actually seen it mentioned in a book.

Demeter

Lyric - i wasn't thinking you spend too much time with tarot, more HOW does she fit everything in AND tarot???? I also do all my other stuff before I pick up the cards or books, but my problem is that on days when I have time, instead of going and getting my cards out, journal, books, crystals etc... I get lazy and make a cup of tea and sit out in the sun and relax instead. Because I think "I'll just do the cards tonight"

Grizabella

I have similar experiences of associating tarot with many things throughout the day. Some days it happens more than others.

I get it all done because I have a small apartment and I don't drive, so I'm home a lot. Like I said, the kids are old enough to be pretty self-sufficient instead of like when they were really small. It leaves me more time for myself and what I want to do.

SunChariot

RubyRuby said:
For the seasoned and the newbies to tarot, how much time per day do you spend with your cards or learning, including your time here.

I'm a newbie. I spend probably an hour here a day off and on. I probably spend another hour per day on the internet gathering information. Right now, I have a couple of books that I'm reading through, so that's probably another hour per day. And probably an hour a day with my cards, reading and studying.

Just curious how others spend their time.

It's not the same every day. I don't have a set pattern;it's not planned. I just read when the mood strikes me, which turns out to be often enough as I adore Tarot. :grin:

When I am busy or tired I can go a week or two with no Tarot, but that is very rare. I just finished a 24 card reading for myself that I did in a day and a half. (37 pp typed, including the images of the cards). I am sure it took more than 12 hours to complete. Couldn't put it down. LOL

Although I did the very same reading a few weeks ago for a friend and it took me 9 days to complete. Of course I was working that week and now I am on vacation. :grin:

Just depends on my mood.

Babs

SunChariot

Azarial said:
I'm a stay at home mom, so I pretty much have nothing else to do but tinker around with my tarot cards, and tarot related subjects in my spare time, which I seem to have a lot of!

~Azarial~

Wow, I'm so jealous! LOL

Babs