How Often?

recsirec

How often do you use your cards? Do they ever need to "recharge?"

Apollonia

Most days, sometimes for a couple of quick reads, sometime for hours for a client. The cards never need to recharge, but the reader might. :)

nisaba

I'd handle one or another Tarot deck every day. I own a few.

They don't need to recharge - they're cardboard and ink - but I sometimes need to.

SunChariot

Here is my opinion. The cards never need to recharge. But you, the reader do. If you tire yourself out your readings won't be as good. You'll start to lack the focus, calm and connection to read as well.

If you start to get readings that are not working as well, that means that you need to take a bit of time off, and rest your mind. Meditation tends to help me at times like that.

Babs

SunChariot

I'd handle one or another Tarot deck every day. I own a few.

They don't need to recharge - they're cardboard and ink - but I sometimes need to.

What nisaba said, just cardboard and ink.We can do some pretty amazing things with that cardboard and ink. But that is mainly what they are. The magic is in us not the cards. The cards are just a tool to let it out.

Babs

EyeAmEye

I believe everything, animate or inanimate, organic or inorganic, has its own energy, so I do believe that the cards have an energy, too. Yes, I believe the cards could potentially need to recharge every now and again.

You also have a "relationship" as a reader with your deck that requires its own energy. That could potentially require a recharging as well.

Of course, as everyone has suggested, you as a reader need recharging and I would imagine that would happen more often than anything else.

As to the your other question, I use my cards almost daily and can vary between a few minutes to an hour or so. Depends on my mood, whether I'm just reading for myself, for others, etc.

Grizabella

The belief I have is that our own energy and the energy of sitters is what recharges the deck, if re-charging is needed. So, with that being the case, the more they're used, the more energy they contain, making re-charging not necessary because it's going on all the time. :)

ETA: I use my cards every day and sometimes for the biggest share of the day.

sladie

I use mine daily, either for myself or for friends/family. I'll give them a sage cleanse once a week, but I do that with everything in the house. If I need a recharge, I might only use them once a day until I perk back up :)

donnalee

I use cards every day, sometimes different decks, and the only time I would consider them in need of something like a 'recharge' would be the time periods when I don't look at them (which used to be years), and then I consider that I needed to recharge by going elsewhere, eating, drinking water, working through my own issues, etc., and that they will be there when I get back: it's more to me like starting up a car that hadn't been started in a while than like refilling it with gas, if you see what I mean--I would be the main one needing the gas refill as well as a startup. I also believe that what I bring to them, and what they innately have/are, work together. I'm in the thermodynamic camp ('matter can neither be created or destroyed but is energy taking new forms'), which also puts me in the buddhist camp, the animist camp, and any other place where that makes sense to folks--everyone's opinion may differ bigtime!