How old is the King of Swords?

citrina

Hey,
sorry for my silly question. I've been stalked by one card - King of Swords for a while now and it kept me thinking how old a guy have to be to "qualify" for the King of Swords? Could a 35 y.o. be a King of Swords?
Thanks!

PAMUYA

A king(queen, knight, or page) can be any age or gender, it's a personality, a soul. Most people feel the older you are the more mature you are, but that isn't always true.

Yineth

A king(queen, knight, or page) can be any age or gender, it's a personality, a soul. Most people feel the older you are the more mature you are, but that isn't always true.

Adding on to this, I feel the court cards do express the individual's personality/characteristics, but I think they can also represent a estimated age range in different scenarios. [This is just my personal opinion]

Pages - Usually adolescent (teen to early 20s), sometimes younger.
Knights - mid 20s to early 30s
King/Queens - late 30s to 50s

Beyond that I feel other cards could be used as an added confirmation. This is just how I usually see the court cards.

Masa

Lots of people just say that pages are children, knights are teens, and kings/queens are adults.

"Adult" is a pretty huge range, but hey, that's kind of how it works?

starrystarrynight

Yineth said:
King/Queens - late 30s to 50s
No Queens or Kings age 60 and above? Wow! Do I need to roll up my sidewalk and perish now? :)

I tend to agree more with Pamuya's take. Court cards signify attributes far more than they signifiy ages or genders, IMO.

Yineth

No Queens or Kings age 60 and above? Wow! Do I need to roll up my sidewalk and perish now? :)

I tend to agree more with Pamuya's take. Court cards signify attributes far more than they signifiy ages or genders, IMO.

Pffhahaha, no no I didn't mean it like that! xD

Personal perspective-wise, I just put a general age range on the court cards. Imo, Pages and Knights can be either gender, but King and Queen seem more gender-specific at times. It's just my opinion is all D:

Amanda

You could probably break it down by suit.

King of Wands = 30s
King of Cups = 40s
King of Swords = 50s
King of Pentacles = 60+

Queens = 18 - 30
Knights = 13 - 17
Pages = Up to 12

That's just how I would do it *if* I really wanted to know an age, and only an age. I've never really found an age pertinent to my readings though.

Yineth

King of Wands = 30s
King of Cups = 40s
King of Swords = 50s
King of Pentacles = 60+

Queens = 18 - 30
Knights = 13 - 17
Pages = Up to 12

That's just how I would do it *if* I really wanted to know an age, and only an age. I've never really found an age pertinent to my readings though.

That's actually really interesting now that you break the suits down that way.

*Scribbles into notes* Just in case :)

Kgirl

King of Wands = 30s
King of Cups = 40s
King of Swords = 50s
King of Pentacles = 60+

Queens = 18 - 30
Knights = 13 - 17
Pages = Up to 12

Err ... ignore this :)

Amanda

Err ... ignore this :)

LOL - Yes, you should really. I've only thought about it- never really promoted it much. I use it more to assess my sitter if I have them sitting in front of me, so I can relate other court cards in their spreads to being someone "older" or "younger" than they are.