How to recognize a jasper

smokey

Well, I took a look,and don't know._
but_ Re jasper...I'm on the look-out @ the moment for a "RainForest" Jasper (to complete a set of seven stones) I need for my OOB studies/research. ...Correction... That's one out of the last *"TWO", ~lol, required I'll be seeking! ((Now, to go look Up t/name of the otha' one, I canNot re-Call it, ..hmm..._))

Gaby

Hi Smokey!
It's not so complicated... It always worked for me. Besides all that things, the "jasper effect" of the design (random, irregular pattern) is one of the powerful tools. Agate almost always shows stripes of colour, or at least sprinkles in paralel shape!

smokey

"by Jove; I THink I've GOt it Now!!"
'sure Appreciate that, Gaby!
Blessings!

Gaby

Muuuuuuack!!!!!!!!!!! *ü*

smokey

*Caught*IT!!!mwaha! (good one,too,*HA!) *Right BAaack 'at..*'Cha!
<edit-to-add> Pardon, please!( I stand Corrected!)
That was a Rain "Forest" jasper I needed (from the above post)... Not a "rainBOW" jasper! Its' description says "connection to nature spirits". (Now I see why its important in some of my shaman & astral studies!)
*The other Re is "shaman stone". Egad!
*(How'd I forget the name of THat One, lol! ~Shame on Me,HA!)

cybercat

Gaby good information there. I find it interesting that the green jasper that is polished looks just like jade in that color. Makes on wonder if some jade is not jasper.

Cat

Oni

thanks for the info! i love stones! i m a total amber freak (i have family off the baltic sea and they send me alot, both raw and set in ss)and i love onyax but lately i have had hard time finding onyax i like. But i have been looking at new stones that i like so i can like expand more on my likes. hmm that makes no since, he hee. like a jewler freind of mine has some red stones that i now think r red jasper, i think i will have him set someting for me and see how i like that sort of stone. I think i m might scan in pics of the stones i have and the stone jewelry so like i can get someone to help me idetify what they are.

Gaby

Yes, Cat, it's very usual to find people who sells jasper or some kind of agate instead of jade (I know that because I was reading a lot of complains on Internet...) That seems to be one of the sellers favorite "mistakes"