How useful are gemstone/crystal oracle decks?

Myrrha

I ordered the Aora Gemstone oracle but am thinking I might return it.

Does anyone here use this kind of oracle much? What do you like about it? What kind of spreads/readings do you do with it?

Somehow It seems like it would be hard to relate the cards to things that go on in life, and using them for meditation wouldn't be like having the actual crystal there.

--Myrrha

bershka

lark said:
Also curious about The Crystal Oracle..any users of this Oracle?
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/crystal-oracle/

Oh I love this oracle!!!

The readings are beautiful and just spot on.

I use it every day and the oracle amazes me more and more.

I have a strong, deep connection to crystals so maybe that's why I love it so much :love:

If you have more than one deck by Toni Salerno, they are of the same vibes.

faunabay

I'm very curious to see what others have to say about the Aora Gemstone as well. It's VERY high up on my wishlist now!! The colors just look so rich and intense!!

lark

I realised as I was sorting through my decks, some for sale, some for save, that I have NO... N-O... crystal oracle decks at all...how did i slid into such a state of neglect???
So I would like one, I don't want to collect a whole feet of them so I'm trying to get a feel for what a few of them are really like...I'm drawn to both i'm afraid.

Bershka...I have so many crystals that this deck Crystal Oracle ...interests me because I think I could actually match a crystal to each card....

The Aora has very good reviews as a very usable deck...so any insight is really welcome, and faunabay wants to know too. :)

bershka

lark said:
Bershka...I have so many crystals that this deck Crystal Oracle ...interests me because I think I could actually match a crystal to each card....

The Aora has very good reviews as a very usable deck...so any insight is really welcome, and faunabay wants to know too. :)

Exactly, that's why I love Crystal Oracle. Let's say I pull a card for the day and I can use that crystal to meditate on the crystal's message :heart:

the Aora looks nice, but I'm not too keen on getting it.

Would love to hear other people's opinions though ;)

lark

bershka said:
Exactly, that's why I love Crystal Oracle. Let's say I pull a card for the day and I can use that crystal to meditate on the crystal's message :heart:
That's the same idea I had too, so it brings the actual crystal right into the use of the cards...and I could place the crystal for the day and the card on my larkhenge crystal circle on my alter.
Of course you could match the stones to the Aora Oracle too..oh dear I feel a multiple deck buying experience coming over me...

Attachments

• crystals004.jpg
    crystals004.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 93

FantasyWorld

lark said:
That's the same idea I had too, so it brings the actual crystal right into the use of the cards...and I could place the crystal for the day and the card on my larkhenge crystal circle on my alter.
Of course you could match the stones to the Aora Oracle too..oh dear I feel a multiple deck buying experience coming over me...

Awesome....is that a big Shiva at about 11 O'clock?

I've had interest in some of these and also wondered how useful they'd be.

faunabay

bershka said:

See that's why I haven't really wanted to get most of the other crystal oracles out there. They just have pictures of the stones and that's all. To me I can just use the stones I already have - why do I need the deck?

Although I hadn't thought about using the deck to pick which crystal to work with THEN pulling out the actual stone. hmmmm.......

But the Aora has little stories in each card where I can take it further. That's why I'm really drawn to it in particular. And while I like all the cards I can see, the one for Jade really gets me - as I've already done quite a bit of meditative work in the Jade Temple of Healing and that's what the card shows!!!!