HP for relationship?

Simple

I asked general info on how the cards see my relationship as a casual conversation with my deck. It gave me HP and World and other cup card. In general, we have a great relationship and I feel whole and complete. I think my s.o let me be myself and therefore, I can be a HP on my own too. I thought about it for a day and felt like maybe it meant our connection is also deeply spiritual!
But HP for relationship meaning is usually a cold relationship, isn't it? Not this case. What other meanings or insights do you have for this card meaning for general romantic relationship?

Padma

I would have thought the High Priestess was appearing as a symbol of satisfaction with the deep feminine - you feel fulfilled and you feel at ease within the relationship, and so HP is signalling that you are well-connected with your intuition and with the Goddess aspect, and learning the feminine mysteries. (whichever feminine deity you may happen to cherish!)

She may also appear as a symbol of the "perfect" woman, or archetypal "perfect" soul mate.
So I believe here it is in indication of that mutual trust and easiness within your relationship. You are "perfect" for each other.

Simple

I would have thought the High Priestess was appearing as a symbol of satisfaction with the deep feminine - you feel fulfilled and you feel at ease within the relationship, and so HP is signalling that you are well-connected with your intuition and with the Goddess aspect, and learning the feminine mysteries. (whichever feminine deity you may happen to cherish!)

She may also appear as a symbol of the "perfect" woman, or archetypal "perfect" soul mate.
So I believe here it is in indication of that mutual trust and easiness within your relationship. You are "perfect" for each other.

I haven't thought about "soul mate" notion. As when I read others saying for HP, it can be meant that she's out of reach and such. So I was weird about getting this card.
That's great to hear :D

headincloud

Spiritual love may blossom in a relationship under the HP's influence, shared intuition makes you exceptionally sensitive to each others needs and wishes and feeling safe to merge as one without fear or sense of loss makes lovemaking extra special. Sharing deepest secrets and dreams will likely feature and the priestess teaches us how to nurture without smothering or control and presents an opportunity to develop this feminine side of our nature. There may be a joint interest in subjects under her domain, new age, occult etc.

Laurelle

The world is the student-teacher card. Maybe you are teaching him the ways of the spiritual world. You are opening him up to new ways of thinking. It's a karmic connection. One that you decided before you came into these bodies. You were to help him evolve spiritually.

What was the other card? You can PM me or post it in the readings section. It's sometimes hard to say given I don't know what the other card is. Was it the 6 or 10 of cups then my interpretation could be correct, but what happens if it was the 4 of cups. Totally different!

Laurelle

Laurelle

The perfect person would be represented by the Star.

The HP can represent the unattainable woman, the other woman, the spiritual evolved priestess even someone a little other worldly. Sometimes when we think we want something we can't have, they are "perfect" but not in a perfect way. When we build up something that we can't have in our minds, we create a "perfect" picture. But this picture is an illusion. This is because they are unattainable. We don't really know them. A man who loves the HP usually never truly knows her, therefore, she really isn't perfect. She keeps secrets from him and is merely an illusion.

I'm not saying that this definition is correct in this particular circumstance. But the HP does not represent the perfect person the way you've just written her to be. The star is a great example of the perfect person card.

The HP usually doesn't have a twin flame or soulmate in the sense that you've written it to be. They may have a karmic connection, which is different than true love, soul mate interpretation. This is why the World came up in relation to the HP. Student-Teacher came to mind in a karmic connection way.

Intotouch

I think the HP can indicate a passionate relationship with the attraction being somewhat deep and mysterious to both parties.

Padma

The perfect person would be represented by the Star.

The HP can represent the unattainable woman, the other woman, the spiritual evolved priestess even someone a little other worldly. Sometimes when we think we want something we can't have, they are "perfect" but not in a perfect way. When we build up something that we can't have in our minds, we create a "perfect" picture. But this picture is an illusion. This is because they are unattainable. We don't really know them. A man who loves the HP usually never truly knows her, therefore, she really isn't perfect. She keeps secrets from him and is merely an illusion.

I'm not saying that this definition is correct in this particular circumstance. But the HP does not represent the perfect person the way you've just written her to be. The star is a great example of the perfect person card.

The HP usually doesn't have a twin flame or soulmate in the sense that you've written it to be. They may have a karmic connection, which is different than true love, soul mate interpretation. This is why the World came up in relation to the HP. Student-Teacher came to mind in a karmic connection way.

While I don't disagree at all with your personal interpretation, let it be noted that I don't find mine to be incorrect, either, insofar as my reading experience goes.

I was just trying to help the OP with what I knew of the card in context with the question.

We all have our own ways to view the cards, both by book meaning and experience, so just because someone's interpretation is not your own personal view of it, does not make it wrong.

and PS you will note I used quotation marks around the word "perfect" - meaning it was something the persons involved thought, and not the truth, per se. There is no such thing as perfect - at least, not on earth.

:)

violet_crown

I asked general info on how the cards see my relationship as a casual conversation with my deck. It gave me HP and World and other cup card. In general, we have a great relationship and I feel whole and complete. I think my s.o let me be myself and therefore, I can be a HP on my own too. I thought about it for a day and felt like maybe it meant our connection is also deeply spiritual!
But HP for relationship meaning is usually a cold relationship, isn't it? Not this case. What other meanings or insights do you have for this card meaning for general romantic relationship?

I want to start by saying that I love the idea of "a casual conversation with your deck". That's just so spot on to me. :D

Second, to me, the High Priestess could NOT be further from a "cold" card! HP is like...visceral, awesome, best sex of your life, all the time, anytime card!

In conjunction with the World card, the message I get is that the beauty in your relationship with your SO is this lovely blend of connection and mystery that fuels desire. It's like no matter how long you've known each other there's always some new piece of them to discover, explore and love. And in so seeking them finding yourself again home all along.:D

Grizabella

Although I know we've had discussions of the HP here and that it's been discussed whether or not the HP is sexual, I still just don't get this steamy, sultry sexual enchantress from this card. Theoretically, she's the Empress before marrying the Emperor, you could say. So to me the HP is very knowledgeable about spiritual issues but she's not primarily sexual and might even be a virgin. She's got her secrets and her sex life is one of them, but mostly hers are spiritual concerns. She isn't much interested in sex at this point.

I don't think this card means someone disinterested in sex. I just think this would be someone to whom spiritual things matter more and that she may indulge in sex but considers sex to be something sacred and spiritual, not lust in the dust, so to speak.