I got a gig :)

Little Hare

I got my first gig reading tarot for the crowds :) I start on dec 4. I'm not worried or anxious, just strangely calm. What is your favourite spread to use for an hour long reading? (Celtic cross not included)

Thanks

Little Hare

nisaba

Probably this one. An hour is a very long time for public readings. I find, having done a bit of public reading, that half an hour with an option to increase to an hour if a client is in a particularly difficult and complicated situation, is plenty.

That spread will fill half an hour very well of the majority of people (not falling short and not running over), and with the client's tricky situation, will go to the hour as well.

The crowned one

No spread if they do not have a question: I draw four PIPS ( sword, coin, cup and wand) and ask the sitter to choose one. I based a 5 card reading around the aspect they picked IE) coin is a noun ( person place or thing) wands are creativity and idea's, cups are feelings and instincts and swords are intellect and reason for topics. The first card they choose along with the rest go back into the deck and I shuffle and draw five cards and read based around the card suite they picked before the reading.

nisaba

Cool - I like that one.

re-pete-a

If no question .
I fan the whole pack across the table in an arc , face down.
The client picks a card and turns it over.
That card is their reason for the reading and what the reading will focus on.

It ain't been wrong yet.

Enjoy your first challenge. It'll be so fun.

Little Hare

nisaba said:
Probably this one. An hour is a very long time for public readings. I find, having done a bit of public reading, that half an hour with an option to increase to an hour if a client is in a particularly difficult and complicated situation, is plenty.

That spread will fill half an hour very well of the majority of people (not falling short and not running over), and with the client's tricky situation, will go to the hour as well.

Thank you so much. I'm definitely going to bookmark this one. I meant crowds as in coffee shop ;) personally I feel an hour for a reading is to long, but I also feel it will challenge me in a positive way as a reader

Little Hare

re-pete-a said:
If no question .
I fan the whole pack across the table in an arc , face down.
The client picks a card and turns it over.
That card is their reason for the reading and what the reading will focus on.

It ain't been wrong yet.

Enjoy your first challenge. It'll be so fun.

Love this concept

214red

always start on 1-3 cards, nothing more and then expand from there, its always worth keeping it simple. Past-present-future is my fave, its simple and does its job

The crowned one

214red said:
always start on 1-3 cards, nothing more and then expand from there, its always worth keeping it simple. Past-present-future is my fave, its simple and does its job

That was exactly my old system, and still go to system for those I read for regularly... and I considered putting that one up, but it would not run even close to an hour, so I passed. That said I completely agree with a three card opening reading. I find I end up drawing 1 to 3 more cards after the first three, and it is a fair bit more interactive, as they need to respond after three cards.

Really it comes down to what works for you as there is no real wrong way of deciding on how many cards, except that I put a limit in my mind BEFORE the reading starts how many total cards I will draw. I do not use "clarifier's", but rather re-explain the card/s already on the table if it is unclear.

Little Hare

The crowned one said:
That was exactly my old system, and still go to system for those I read for regularly... and I considered putting that one up, but it would not run even close to an hour, so I passed. That said I completely agree with a three card opening reading. I find I end up drawing 1 to 3 more cards after the first three, and it is a fair bit more interactive, as they need to respond after three cards.

Really it comes down to what works for you as there is no real wrong way of deciding on how many cards, except that I put a limit in my mind BEFORE the reading starts how many total cards I will draw. I do not use "clarifier's", but rather re-explain the card/s already on the table if it is unclear.

I do this method :) Good old three cards ;) they are surprisingly fantastic and sometimes the expansion can really help clarify and offer new insights into a reading. I'm not sure i'd want to do this for an hour long reading unless i knew the querent had at least two seperate questions

x