I hid information from a reading to a client (serious concecuences) and I feel awful

Frannie

Well, a lady went to have a reading with me at my house.
She was very sad and overwhelmed, her life was being very hard at that moment.
The thing is, she was very concerned for her son. She was a single mom.
I had absolutely no idea about what were her worries and really anything concerning her son.

Her son appeared in the reading as the same Page at least 3 times in other questions. I took it as that the boy was screaming something, had something really important to say.

When she asked about him in a general future way, I saw something terrible. Something so disturbing I wasn't able to tell it to her.
I kept seeing bullying from other kids at school. He becoming unreachable and closed in himself. I saw the school having a major impact, a negative impact in his life.

And I saw sexual abuse from the school.

I just told the lady about the bullying and that he wouldn't make past that year academically, that he would have to repeat the same school year again.
Told her to be careful with that school, it wasn't good. I told her he was hiding a secret, a painful secret. She was very skeptical about that because she told me : "But my son is ok, I don't understand how this relates to him". Nothing unusual in a client.

I was a nervewrack when she left. I felt terrible knowing something that was going to happen, that maybe I could have done something to prevent it, that I should have told the lady the whole truth.

It turns out that after 5 months she called me extremely worried, wanting to talk to me, not to have a reading.

And she told me that her son had been sexually abused at school, that was a victim of extreme bullying and that now he won't go to school and won't talk about it and that she was sewing the school for not responding at the legal charges.

My question is about how far can you answer as a reader?

Now I can't stop feeling guilty and knowing that maybe if I had told the whole truth this wouldn't have happened.

lark

(((Frannie))) it's such a hard lesson to learn ....been here myself.
The discomfort of the moment, when you give disturbing information, or when they deny what you are saying is awful...
But it's even harder when you with hold it for whatever reason and it turns out to be true.

I can see why you did it...she was denying what you had said about the bullying...so for sure she was going to deny any sexual abuse.
And so then we start second guessing ourselves...we go off track.

Don't be too hard on yourself :love:...it's a lesson learned, and one you'll never forget...it will make you a wiser reader in the end.
One of the little prayers I say before a reading to myself has a line in it that goes~
May the information I give to them be beneficial, specific, direct and true.
I keep those words in mind as I read, and trust in them especially when the information coming in is hard to say. :love:

Grizabella

It makes a difference why you've withheld information. If you withhold it because you're afraid you'll be wrong or afraid of your client's denial and indignation, then you probably should have given it. You'd be acting more from a selfish perspective that way.

However, if you withhold it because you feel that your client genuinely couldn't handle the knowledge and would do something really drastic and harmful to themselves or others if you give it, then you're acting from care and concern for your sitter and others concerned and that's acting from a wise, unselfish perspective.

Above all, what you decided to do about it should have been for the best outcome for the little boy, you or the mother aside.

What happened happened, though, and maybe she wasn't meant to find out from you. Maybe she had to find out from her son in order to take it seriously and that's ultimately what kept you from telling her.

Frannie

What you pointed out Grizabella really got me thinking:

I found out that the reason I withhold the truth (the whole truth) was not being afraid of rejection from the sitter, but from the situation itself. I had never seen in the cards such a situation. Nobody likes to be the deliverer of bad news, but I have gotten and will keep getting more control over the pride hurt when sitters deny or blame you for what you say, because that used to be a huge issue for me. I was in shock, and blocked the situation saying to myself "Maybe I just read the cards wrong...."

I believe that we don't have the ability to control all events in our life from happening, the Universe has it's own mysterious ways to act and to teach us.

If this happened, maybe, as harsh as it sounds, was meant to be and not be avoided by prior knowelge of the situation.

I still feel guilty (a little less, thank you lark you are a sweetheart) but I guess just learn from this and move on.

floracove

Just a hug my dear...

(((Frannie))) :heart:

Frannie

*Hugs floracove* :heart:

Grizabella

(((Frannie :heart: ))) Don't beat yourself up for it. You did what you felt was right at the time and it all worked out right in the end. Just consider it a learning experience and move on from it. :) :*

franniee

Oh (((((Frannie)))) I am sorry!

I think there is a lesson here. She wouldn't have called you afterward to tell you what had happened if there wasn't a lesson from the universe or if it wasn't important for you to see and know. The lesson from where I sit is .... next time find a way to tell what you see. :)

I am not going to say it wouldn't have happened if you told... Not in the least - I feel it played out as it should have (I believe in fate - pls don't bash me for this) but in the end this was your lesson to trust your instincts and your inner guide and to KNOW you know! I am sorry for the child - my heart breaks!!! Children and anything bad kills me!!!! BUT This was your lesson! The key is not to let it happen again. Be brave! You chose this field you have to be able to deliver the message however scary it is. This is a big responsibility! I know I fight with it all of the time. Makes me sad but it has to be done. :heart:

blackroseivy

I don't think that you can be the 3 Fates all by yourself, & decide Fate!! :(

Don't take so much of it on yourself, is what I mean...

I had a few things happen to me in the same vein, but nothing like so serious...

I think that it's bound to happen sometimes. It's like the price you have to pay for having a, so to speak, "gift" w/the cards.

All you can do is hope that in the future, you can be forewarned as to how to handle things of this sort - it's VERY hard, like being a social-worker, therapist, doctor, etc. We really are in the service of the public...

& we don't even have the "system" behind us at moments like this, we have to play it by ear.

Update us with this one... & (((((((((((hug))))))))))))

Marcia959

What awful knowledge. And I certainly can't fault you as you did try to warn. Even better, you are trying to learn.

When I was young, a kid really, I had a series of readings for people around me with were terrible outcomes. And they were right. I stopped reading for 20 years. Really. I thought if I couldn't change the awful outcome with my readings, what good was the warning?

I've reconciled that with myself now and I read again. I know that even though I may want a better outcome than I see, the gift isn't always about that. It is perhaps even selfish of me to try to "fix" things. It is to help bear the news.

You did that and she called you back. The validation you should get from this, as terrible as the situation was for the mother and her child, is that you should trust what you see and seek to help, if even in a small way. I think you did.