I need a children's deck

Scarlet Woodland

Of my collection I'd second the joie de vivre and definitely the Halloween. The halloween has all the RW symbolism you could want and the devil isn't so scary when it's a pretty lady dressed up for a halloween party.

Mageborn777

Child friendly deck

criteria

This is for a 11 year old. I need a rider based deck preferably or one that has deeper esoteric symbolism. I do not like the devil, tower or 10 of swords in most decks even the ones that are considered "soft" I am talking about hanson roberts deck. So far this has not been an easy task. Any recommendation will be great. I would also like all the cards to have as much imagery as possible.. so far i'm looking at the moon garden tarot but my only issue is some of the cards lack imagery (10 of staffs, 9 of staffs etc)

I see the Wizard's Pets Tarot has been suggested for your 11 year old. If you look, the Devil, the Tower and the 10 of Swords have followed the RWS protocol in detail, but the Devil is more of a happy character with a navel ring and is wearing nail polish among other things. The Tower's escapees are either parachuting out (the Cat has the Gremlin secured in a front pack) or an umbrella supported with balloons. The 10 of Swords is a scarecrow. The entire deck is designed for my granddaughter, and other kids, to take this deck to school for show-and-tell if they so choose. It comes with a 78 page coloring book I suggest making multiple photocopies of so they can color more than once. The companion book has key phrases, suggested guidelines for interpreting, and questions to ask yourself to better understand the cards. Each detail of this deck, including the box, is designed to make anyone's first tarot a wonderful, wonder-filled adventure.

MoonGypsy

The super sweet Giger's Baphomet. It's the sweetest, gentlest Tarot deck ever on this planet. I call it my teddy bear deck.

You are soooo bad, Flizzy! }) .....albeit very, very humorous!:p but B-A-D!

You little imp, you!

Has anyone mentioned the Inner Child Tarot Deck by Isha Lerner [i can't remember if i have
mentioned it already] If i already did, i am mentioning it again, as i really can't think of a better one.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/inner-child/

Those scans on AT are not that great, i have to say. The cards are much bolder and brighter in person.
The scans on AT look fuzzy to me...

i found some clearer ones here:

http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/i-decks/innerchildcards.gif

ana luisa

I second the vote for the Whimsical. Although seemingly soft, it renders magnificent readings. Another one that is quite powerful, RW based and not scary at all is the International Icon Tarot. It may not be all flowery but very to-the-point.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/international-icon/

FLizarraga

You are soooo bad, Flizzy! }) .....albeit very, very humorous!:p but B-A-D!

You little imp, you!

Sorry, I couldn't resist temptation... I'm a bad Flizzy, I know..... :(

But I actually lifted it word for word out of Doreen Virtue's mouth....

Chronata

There's also the Minute Tarot, which I heard works great for kids...OOP...but on sale really cheap right now...

MoonGypsy

There's also the Minute Tarot, which I heard works great for kids...OOP...but on sale really cheap right now...

i agree, the Minute is another Perfect deck for kids--from children to the young at heart!