I need advice re. spreads books

Namaste

Between

Illustrated Tarot Spreads: 78 New Layouts For Personal Discovery

and

Power Tarot: More Than 100 Spreads That Give Specific Answers to Your Most Important Question

which one would you choose?

If neither, which book (with good and a copious amount of spreads) would you recommend? :)

(I have Designing Your Own Tarot Spreads
, which is excellent, except that I would like other spreads that I could modify or use as inspiration).

Thanks to all! :)

lark

Hi Namaste,
Both of those books are very good...
My favorite book is:
~ Complete book of Tarot Spreads by Evelin Burger and Johannes Fiebig
My second favorite is~ Power Tarot
And my third ~Illustrated Tarot Spreads
There is also a book by Silvia Abraham called~ How To: Use Tarot Spreads.
I don't like that one and hardly ever use it.

crystal cove

I don't have the first book, but I can say that I was very happy with the Power Tarot book.

Tarot Companion by Tracy Porter has some interesting spreads toward the back of the book......just an FYI.

yve

Ditto on Power Tarot.

Bacchus

I agree with the Power Tarot. Lots of very useful spreads, and the rest of the book is very insightful, as well. I don't have the others mentioned here, so I can't make any comparisons, but I can recommend the Power Tarot.

Namaste

lark said:
My favorite book is:
~ Complete book of Tarot Spreads by Evelin Burger and Johannes Fiebig
My second favorite is~ Power Tarot
And my third ~Illustrated Tarot Spreads

Thank you, Lark. Thank you all. :)

I ended up buying Complete Book of Tarot Spreads -- the one Chapter had in the store..., and ordering the other two. :laugh: (Guess I'm not just addicted to the cards, huh? ;) )

All three books were sanctioned by you all, so... what more could I ask for!

I figured that the slant of one would be different from the slant of the other, thus offering different layouts, although there will be overlap, no doubt.

I've already used two of the layouts from Complete... and find them interesting.

What a wonderful place this is, where can access so much priceless expertise!

Thanks again for your help. :)

mj07

ACK!

you guys forced me to get Power Tarot!

you, and that 20% off coupon from Borders Books!

Namaste

I just received the Power Tarot book I ordered, and I have to tell you that I find it fabulous!

It's not just the spreads. It's the interpretations of the cards!

Thank you all, again! :)

Sillanza

I have Power Tarot -- and really like it. I use (or tweak) the spreads in there often. It's a great starting point for inspiration in creating your own spreads.

purplelady

I have "Powet Tarot"and would definitely recommend it. I like it mostly for the card interpretations. I'm not too adventurous when it comes to new tarot spreads and tend to stick to a few favorites.