I Need help finding a certain deck

Phantom Goddess

I'm helping a friend look for a certain tarot deck, that he can't remember the name to. He's looking for a deck that had all the suits made out of metal. He had a copy of it once, but gave it away and now he can't find another copy of it now.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance. :)

Jeannette

All the suits made out of metal? You mean, like the suits were named after metals (silver, gold, etc.)?

Is your friend certain that the deck was actually a tarot deck, and not some kind of non-tarot oracle or sybil cards?

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

Phantom Goddess

I have to get more info. Thanks for replying.

gregory

Not the Robot is it ? metallic robot figures throughout - Tarotgarden have it in their database but it is out of print....... Somerville has copies but no pix: here and search !

Logiatrix

Phantom Goddess said:
I'm helping a friend look for a certain tarot deck, that he can't remember the name to. He's looking for a deck that had all the suits made out of metal. He had a copy of it once, but gave it away and now he can't find another copy of it now.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance. :)
Maybe he meant that it looked metallic...?
I instantly thought of the Secret Tarot, by
Jane Lyle. It's been around long enough
for him to have had it once. It used to be
sold as the Renaissance Tarot:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/renaissance-2/

:)

Pipistrelle

Logiatrix said:
Maybe he meant that it looked metallic...?
Ah, lateral thinking Logiatrix - I like it ;) This could also indicate any one of the gold or silver foil embossed decks, of which there are too many to mention....

Pip

Strange2

Perhaps that deck could be the Renaissance Tarot, by Helen Jones and Jane Lyle. The images are bas-relief metallic scupltures. Very unique effect. The cards themselves are not made of metal (now that would certainly make shuffling a challenge!)

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/renaissance-2/

gregory

The two Jane Lyles mentioned are one and the same. In case anyone is looking to buy it !