Identity of this old worn out deck

gregory

Crumbs - what a shame to show the reading like that, so you cannot really see the cards.

I have to say that a LOT of readers who read frequently will have almost new decks that look beat up.

They look borderless, on the whole. It's REALLY hard to see, but if the cards were rather brighter coloured, I'd wonder about Morgan Greer - except that the backs look like plain purple. Same goes for the Cannon Reed Witches - which it also COULD have been.The only deck I can think of that has is Sheridan Douglas - and that it isn't.

There's a card there that "ought to" be Ace Swords - but I can't find one on a slant like that that LOOKS like that... but if it IS the ace that would NOT be Morgan Greer anyway... (and actually there isn't a SINGE card in the MG that looks like that card... OR in the witches either. IMHO.)

I am now officially frustrated... Where's Rodney ? and Leffy ??

BodhiSeed

The colors in the cards make me think of the Aquarian...

Tarotwolf

Gregory, do you think it could be a plain back version of the Aquarian?

rwcarter

I'm not watching a whole 28 minute video. From what I saw in the first 2:40 when the reader was flipping over the cards I think I saw the 9 Cups from the Robin Wood Tarot.

gregory

Gregory, do you think it could be a plain back version of the Aquarian?

Wow. Just a sec....

I can't see any cards there that fit that one that OUGHT to be Ace Swords - and they DO have borders, so she'd have to have trimmed them.... but I think you are on to something...

Back later - VITAL TV !

rwcarter

I do have a plain blue backed version of the Aquarian, one of the black two part box versions.

Lee

Perhaps one of the Juliet Sharman-Burke decks -- Mythic Tarot or her and Casselli's Beginner's?

gregory

That would make sense - though I can't see anything in it that seems to fit that card that "ought to" be Ace Swords.... and she'd have to have trimmed it - I've never seen a borderless one - have you ? And actually - my purple backs wouldn't' show the pattern in a vid of that quality anyway.

But there is a card there that could be the Aquarian 7 cups....

OH - and that "ace" could be the King Swords....

What do you think, Rodney ? we can see something that COULD be this, in the frontest row....

I'm not watching the vid, BTW - I am just sliding through it and stopping from time to time - and we NEVER get any closer to the cards :( But I do believe it IS a trimmed Aquarian. Maybe not even trimmed ?

Wait- and almost next to it 10 Swords ?

Look at the backs here - could be a fuzzed version.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/aquarian/

Attachments

• Swords14.jpg
    Swords14.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 142
  • Swords10.jpg
    Swords10.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 117

Le Fanu

I checked when this thread had zero posts and had NO idea. At a quick glance I thought the backs looked like a grubby Radiant. But now I don't think so. Like Gregory , I slid through the video and saw that the camera position didn't move and she didn't seem to hold up any cards.

How we love our grubby, filthy, roughly handled decks.