If you have more than one Tarot deck, do you do more readings on one than others?

videojob8

Or do you equally spend the same amount of time doing readings with all of the decks you have?

Zephyros

I have something like seven decks, far less than some of the mega-collectors here, but I use only one, the Thoth. I lost interest in the others years ago, and haven't looked back. I also use the Hermetic, but unshuffled and ordered, for study and I also write notes on it.

However, others use decks as anything else, according to mood. If you feel the need for a happy deck one day and a dark one or any other the next, that's fine.

janie144

I recently got rid of some decks, ones I knew I would never use, I now own about 18 I think, but I love and use them all, I try to rotate them a bit and use a different deck each week.

Richard

Or do you equally spend the same amount of time doing readings with all of the decks you have?
Absolutely not! I am amazed at the versatility of those who can casually hop from one deck to another. I have spent many, many years researching the deck that I do use for readings, and I am not about to start all over again with a different one.

EricthoDeSalamander

I tend to switch around, depending on my mood.

Darkmage

Not really. I have some decks for the artwork alone, and some as collectibles alone. Others I read with. It really depends on my mood and how well I connect with the deck.

Alta

The number of decks that I read with is quite small, and I change decks only very slowly, from months to years for one.

Cenozoic

I only have a small number of decks, but I just pick one whatever one I feel like using, and then use it. I enjoy reading with all of them, but I'm sure they're all unequal when it comes down to usage.

BelovedK

When I am doing a paid reading, I stick with mostly one (that 'one' has changed a few times, but is mostly the same one.) When I am doing free mini readings, I feel more open to using other decks. I enjoy this and use it as an opportunity to see if a new deck might become the "one" ;)

Tigerangel

I prefer to stick with the one I'm using the most right now any readings are done with my Crow's Magick deck, The Shaman Tarot that I bought recently I have decided to use that only for myself when I want to get spiritual guidance, I have used my Cosmic Tarot for over 2 years constantly but now its feels tired and worn out and one of the cards is damaged on it so it's retired but I still like to bring it out now and again, I'm still looking to find a deck that I'm happy for other people to touch physically as no one else has ever physically touched my Crow's Magick or The Shaman tarot so I might end up with a long list of decks one day :)