Ill Wishing

Milfoil

Aoife said:
But... but... but....
Take judges... or others that genuinely act with the best of intent on behalf of society, but have to take tough decisions. They are going to get more than their fair share of negative thoughts sent in their direction. So why are they as a group not experiencing all manner of horrible things if there is any power in hexing, beyond the power of recipient-belief?

Again I think its all down to positive thought. Most of us would agree that judges etc are strong minded, forcefull and clever individuals who, by enlarge, tend to have a great deal of self confidence and a powerful ego (I don't mean that in a derrogatory way) so I think people who empower themselves are quite capable (whether they know they are doing it or not) of shielding themselves or protecting themselves from negative energy.

It comes back to the same old argument of not being a victim and I think a stong sense of self and right has a great deal to do with the confidence needed to protect yourself against such negative aspects of our lives.

tarotbear

I said this in another thread, too, but there seems to be some kind of idea around here that 'if it's for good' then it will happen and 'if it's for bad,' then there is no way that it could possibly happen. I don't understand this thinking.

In truth, I doubt that woman caused the other women to hemmorage to death and not see her children again. Knowing what work it takes to cast a 'normal' spell, the amount of energy it would take to cause death in someone else would be very considerable for the 'average' person to achieve. But I don't doubt that in CAN happen.

I would think that screaming 'JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY I HOPE YOU DIE!' would not get you very far; I doubt that Jesus would comply with your request. People at hockey games scream "KILL THE GOALIE" all the time, but I don't see goalies dropping like flies every hockey game. If the entire thinking world got together at the same time and all chanted 'God/Goddess - get Osama Bin Laden!' - I don't think it would be effective. Calling on healing deities to kill someone does not make sense.

But there are other forces at work in the universe ....

SilverWing

psychic sue said:
The main thing with "spells" is INTENT. IMHO you don't really need much else. Just the intent to carry out your wish.
Sue x

I agree Sue. It's fun to have the other stuff when doing spell work. I believe it's the intent you put into it that makes it work. You don't need the other stuff.

Nevada

Aoife said:
But... but... but....
Take judges... or others that genuinely act with the best of intent on behalf of society, but have to take tough decisions. They are going to get more than their fair share of negative thoughts sent in their direction. So why are they as a group not experiencing all manner of horrible things if there is any power in hexing, beyond the power of recipient-belief?
The answer for me is that I believe universal justice and karma have greater power than any spell. I do believe that spells, angry energy, ill wishes and thought forms have power. But I also believe that, in a balanced and intelligently designed world, there must a balance in the power that can be exerted by such things. If one person has the power to curse, the person who is the object of their curse likely has the same power to protect him/herself.

Whatever healing, protective source you believe in can protect you. Prayer, shielding, Reiki, I think all these things can protect you.

It's important to keep in mind, though, that everyone has negative experiences. It's not necessarily because someone hates you or thinks ill thoughts. Some of our toughest lessons are those we may have agreed to experience before beginning this life. There's no need to always cast blame. Fear of curses likely causes more trouble than curses themselves.

Nevada

Sophie

Aoife said:
But... but... but....
Well, as a matter of fact, many judges suffer all sorts of stress-related illnesses, and many say that they are affected by their job and by the vindictiveness of some of the people that come in front of them. Heart disease and strokes in particular are common, as is cancer of the stomach. Weird, but there you have it. There is no doubt that being the recipient of people's aggression (even if it is verbal - or silent!) - is very stressful and harmful. Try being ostracised or hated for a while, and see how that feels! (no, don't dear Aoife, I would hate to see that!). Those judges who know how to protect themselves - in effect those who develop a thick skin and a cheerful outlook - seem to be in much better health.

ncefafn

But the highest suicide rate, profession-wise, is amongst dentists. Now while I've often experienced great pain at the dentist's office, and had a fairly negative experience there, I don't think it can compare with the negative energy directed at judges by criminal defendants (and civil defendants, too!). So the whole business of saying that judges suffer from heart attacks and strokes and stomach cancer is all very fine and well, but who's to say that's not from all the paperwork they have to do. Maybe it's something in the woodpulp used to make the paper that all the briefs are printed on, or the ink.

Kim, D.A.G.*

*Devil's Advocate General

Sophie

ncefafn said:
But the highest suicide rate, profession-wise, is amongst dentists. Now while I've often experienced great pain at the dentist's office, and had a fairly negative experience there, I don't think it can compare with the negative energy directed at judges by criminal defendants (and civil defendants, too!).
Ah, but think about the negative energy contained in a single breath of halitosis. Now multiply that by a thousand. Literally gallons of bad breath coming their way, as well as all the pain, fear and desire for instant revenge in the form of painful torture of the dentist.

Enough to drive anyone to suicide!

Sophie DAS*

*Devil's Advocate Supreme

The Dreamer

ncefafn said:
But the highest suicide rate, profession-wise, is amongst dentists.
Really? That's fascinating, if it's true.
Now while I've often experienced great pain at the dentist's office, and had a fairly negative experience there, I don't think it can compare with the negative energy directed at judges by criminal defendants
Yeah, but people can't very well blame the dentist for their pain, whereas they can easily blame judges for descisions which the judge made.
Nevada said:
in a balanced and intelligently designed world, there must be a balance in the power that is exerted by such things.
Who says this is a balanced or intelligently designed world? There are imbalances of power all over the place. In a balanced world, I would have a fighting chance at beating everyone else at arm wrestling. I don't, though.
I don't see why it should be any different in regard to "spiritual" or psychic matters.

ncefafn

Hijacker Strikes Again!

In an arm-wrestling match, who is The Dreamer more likely to beat, a judge or a dentist?

Oh, and by the way, I do blame the dentist for my pain!

Kim

The Dreamer

Hopefully, the dentist (orthodontist, to be more specific). Because I'll bet you my pain was worse than yours. I can't blame the orthodontist, though. Might make me feel better to beat him at arm wrestling.