I'm kinda freaked out here...

Promise

I've just had an experience that I've never had before, and honestly, it freaks me out quite a bit.

My Victorian Romantic has been my primary reading deck ever since I got it, and after I've put it through especially vigorous use, I like to just sit for a few minutes and shuffle the deck. No thought, no intention, just shuffling. I shuffle until I feel like it's done, and then I put them down and back into their bag.

I was sitting here on my bed just shuffling, and when I was done, I just kinda picked up the deck and was looking through it. Every single card was in order, just like it was the first time I took it from the deck. My hair was literally standing on end, and I had the strangest sensation come over me.

Is this symbolic? Has anyone ever had this happen before? Am I freaked out over nothing? I really don't know what to make of this, or even if I should make anything of it. It just seems rather improbable that the entire deck would order itself randomly, and I don't know if that's something I should ignore.

IndigoWonders

WOW!! Time to buy a lottery ticket. The odds of that happening have got to be a gazillion to one.

I think there's a special message in there for you but you'll have to figure it out for yourself. I wouldn't freak out about it; just know that it's an amazing occurrence especially for you.

rwcarter

I agree that you should buy a lottery ticket!

Seriously though, what does resetting a deck mean to/for you? Things that come to my mind are clearing of energy, an ending, a new beginning, moving to the next level, etc. Do any of those have any resonance for you at this particular time in your life?

HarleyQuinnX

IndigoWonders said:
WOW!! Time to buy a lottery ticket. The odds of that happening have got to be a gazillion to one.

Even MORE than a gazillion. o_O

Doing the math (if anyone remembers my mathmatical ramblings in a previous thread, they'd know that I like doing tarot math) the chances of that happening are upwards of one out of 38315(insert 143 zeros here) !!!

That calculation is based on if no reversals are used. If she does use reversals and somehow all of them wound up upright, that number above would be even higher.

Promise

Oh man.

There a few things that it could possibly relate to, but honestly, I'm so in shock right now that my brain isn't running properly. I'm just stunned that such a thing could even happen; logic tells you that the odds would just be too wonky.

I think this is something I'll have to think about for a while to understand it. I'd do a reading on it, but as silly as it sounds, I'm a bit afraid to touch my deck now.

willowfox

Ah! The twilight zone.

Karen48

Wow - something magical is going on there! :)

gumdrop67

Wow

Hi Promise

Don't be freaked out, this is so very special, lucky you! :) Maybe it is time for an end of year clearing, shift out the old to bring in the new. Just know that it's all okay and I think you're right - mull it over for YOUR interpretation.

Best wishes for 2008
gumdrop67

The crowned one

It is improbable but not impossible. As someone else said it is about 3.8 × 10 to the 147th as far as combinations go.

What does it mean to you? How do you interpret it? I would be freaked out too! It is likely your subconscious mind that put them in order as you cut. I think you are looking for order out of randomness. Wither you beat the odds, or your mind made it happen it is still a message to you.

Edit: because I woke up with this on my mind.

Promise

Honestly, I don't really even know how I interpret it right now.

This has been quite a big year for me; rehab, college, beginning a serious relationship, finding a new job, quitting said new job. It's been a lot of ups and downs, and a bit of everything possible in between. Even a few feelings I never even knew were possible were muddled in there at some point!

Maybe this is their way of telling me to just re-center myself and start over? To let the past go and move forward?