Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

mosaica

Gazel said:
Dear fellow IDS'ers

I must admit that right now nothing about this IDS works for me.

I simply find it hard to concentrate - maybe because I'm somewhere else, trying to get a lot of practicalities to work before I'm giving birth. At the time being it could teoretically be about any time. I'm 37 weeks and 1 day pregnant. And this sort of takes my focus off the IDS.

Love, Gazel.

Well, of course, Gazel! It's hard to make a deck your "baby" when you've got a real one on the way! Is this your first? I know it's off topic, but please come and share a little of your birth story with us afterward (if the moderators don't mind -- do a reading on it with your deck or something :) ).

Best of luck to you!

Mosaica

Knight of Wands

Am thoroughly enjoying the IDS :)

Me and the BBC are bonding well, I think!

I'm going to set up the thread for the next IDS circle read :)

tarot4fun

Gazel said:
I must admit that right now nothing about this IDS works for me.

I simply find it hard to concentrate - maybe because I'm somewhere else, trying to get a lot of practicalities to work before I'm giving birth. At the time being it could teoretically be about any time. I'm 37 weeks and 1 day pregnant. And this sort of takes my focus off the IDS.
(((((Gazel)))))

Blessings~
:heart:

Knight of Wands

Here is the link to IDS Round 2 Reading Circle :D

C'mon folks - join in - you'll luuurrrvvve it :D

Sinduction

That is a great idea! I will enjoy swapping with people who know how frustrating it can be. :D

Gazel

mosaica said:
Best of luck to you!

Mosaica

Thanks to Mosaica and tarot4fun for your comments and blessings :heart: especially since I was a bit low about it.

It is not my first, I have a girl almost three year old, that by the way wanted to see "Mums cards" yesterday just before bedtime, so we looked at the horses, the "little cat" in QoW, the rabit, the moon and the sun etc. It was quite fun, but she loves pictures, and had something to say of half of the cards, so I wasn't surprised. When she saw 9oS she said "Sorry".

I have considered reading about the birth, but somehow I just want to be in it, not knowing too much aforehead.

As for the IDS, I actually managed to finish my readings on the Devil last night, some quite interesting things popped up.

But I also decided that if I should try to stay on the path, inasmuch as it is possible for me, I must lower my level of ambition and do *one* reading pr. Major (not five) and one entry in my diary. And then the rewriting it for my tarot ringbinder simply has to wait.

Next I'll try to meditate and reflect on the two great female archetypes The High Priestess and the Empress - from now on and until the baby is born.

Love, Gazel.

tarot4fun

Gazel said:
But I also decided that if I should try to stay on the path, inasmuch as it is possible for me, I must lower my level of ambition and do *one* reading pr. Major (not five) and one entry in my diary. And then the rewriting it for my tarot ringbinder simply has to wait.

Next I'll try to meditate and reflect on the two great female archetypes The High Priestess and the Empress - from now on and until the baby is born.

Love, Gazel.
That's so cute how your daughter likes to look at your cards with you~ :)

A slow and gentle path is good for some of us~ :D
I spend a few days looking only at the Knights, except for my Daily Draws that I post.
I might look at the Queens next~
I'm taking it kind of easy too~
:heart:

mosaica

Gazel said:
I have considered reading about the birth, but somehow I just want to be in it, not knowing too much aforehead.

... Next I'll try to meditate and reflect on the two great female archetypes The High Priestess and the Empress - from now on and until the baby is born.

I felt the same way just before I got my foot surgery earlier this week. I didn't want to know how it was going to go, I just wanted to get it done. I'm getting all the nasty cards in my daily cards now, LOL. (That won't happen for you. All of your cards will be lovely! :) )

Sometimes meditation on the outcome that you want is the better way to go. It wouldn't have been good for me to see all these negative cards beforehand. You want to go into it with a positive and calm frame of mind.

Perhaps I should have taken a more active roll in my surgery and meditated, instead of just drawing cards after the fact. I'll have to try to remember this in the future! You *can* help to create the reality that you seek. (Encouragement to myself as well as to you. Thanks for reminding me of this, Gazel. :) )

Mosaica

Owl Song

Just wanted to cheer you all on with your IDS studies.

I decided I am not going to complete mine. It's not deck switching for me. It's a matter of just not having the time right now to devote to the Fairytale. I will definitely do this again but at a time when I can devote 100 percent to it.

Wishing you all well on your path. Kudos to all of you for your dedication and commitment.

mosaica

Best wishes, Starlily! That Fairytale is a hard deck that takes a lot of time, so I understand.