Intensive Deck Study - Newly Started

Penthasilia

IDS Maat tarot- King of Swords

Wow, after the emotional upheaval with the 3 of swords yesterday, this card was a lovely and gentle change! And you sit and thing, "What??? The king of swords as gentle????"- take 2 seconds and look at the card, then you will understand. This is a GREAT king of swords.

LINK: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2904836#post2904836

So, I went through the work with this card, and now am missing my dziadzia (grandfather), and looking forward to going home on Thanksgiving to see my dad, the "new" dziadzia for my kids and new protector of our home and farm. It reminds me of how important ancestry is to me, and our land. This card just mixed all those emotions into one and it was like being home.

Hope y'all like it. This has now been dubbed by me as my "Thanksgiving Day" card :D

Soaring Eagle

Wow, after the emotional upheaval with the 3 of swords yesterday, this card was a lovely and gentle change! And you sit and thing, "What??? The king of swords as gentle????"- take 2 seconds and look at the card, then you will understand. This is a GREAT king of swords.

LINK: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2904836#post2904836

So, I went through the work with this card, and now am missing my dziadzia (grandfather), and looking forward to going home on Thanksgiving to see my dad, the "new" dziadzia for my kids and new protector of our home and farm. It reminds me of how important ancestry is to me, and our land. This card just mixed all those emotions into one and it was like being home.

Hope y'all like it. This has now been dubbed by me as my "Thanksgiving Day" card :D

Wow!!! That was quite a story. This was definately a much better card than yesterday. I am still feeling affected by that card (3 of Swords). It has really struck a cord with me, especially after reading the other posts in that thread. I can see why you like this new card. He is the "grandfather", I easily see him talking of his son.

Great work!! :)

Penthasilia

Wow!!! That was quite a story. This was definately a much better card than yesterday. I am still feeling affected by that card (3 of Swords). It has really struck a cord with me, especially after reading the other posts in that thread. I can see why you like this new card. He is the "grandfather", I easily see him talking of his son.

Great work!! :)

Thanks Soaring Eagle- I do love this card. I am happy that I chose to follow Julie's progression, as it seems that the more difficult cards (like the 3 of swords) are nicely muted by the following cards.

Soaring Eagle

So, as my cards require more attention from me, I have added 8 of Air, 9 of Air, and 10 of Air to the Vision Quest Study Group.

This has been quite a day. I have spent the last 5 1/2 hours doing nothing but study my cards. It has given me a great sense of accomplishment, but now it's time for breakfast, or is it now lunch? When I get these huge energy bursts I sometimes forget to nourish myself, so now I am going to spend a little time reflecting on the cards, rather than studying them.

hunter

I'm quitting my IDS already :-( My depression is deepening so quickly. There is just no way I can do this right now. I might be off line for a bit, starting tomorrow. Sorry for starting this. I'm always trying to "fake it till you make it" and IDS's always seem to be one of the first casualties.

Soaring Eagle

I'm quitting my IDS already :-( My depression is deepening so quickly. There is just no way I can do this right now. I might be off line for a bit, starting tomorrow. Sorry for starting this. I'm always trying to "fake it till you make it" and IDS's always seem to be one of the first casualties.

Hopefully you will be feeling better soon. We will miss you in the IDS. Feel free to join at a later date if you get to feeling better.

Ivy Rhiannon

*hugs* I hope whatever is causing your depression comes to light so that you may see and change it if you so desire. For winter I am too fighting "hibernating" like I always do. Best of luck Hunter, we hope to see you back soon!

Also that was a great story pent! I'm excited your deck is really talking to you Eagle :D Those that are rich in symbolism are the most fun! Besides the first step is to see the symbols, then the stories come.

janie144

(((hunter))) Dont feel bad about quitting the IDS, you do what you have to do when you are ill, its as simple as that, and as Soaring Eagle said you can always come back later if you want to. Right now just concentrate on yourself, I hope you feel better soon.

Ivy Rhiannon

Thank you both for your warm welcome. IvyRhiannon, you shouldn't have gotten my hopes up about that ring.now i'll be checking the mail.

lol :p