Invoking spirits!!?!! Goetia!?!!

Cosmotaroist

supertarot.co.uk totally freaked me out...

It talked about how Goetia with the minor cards .....
I just want to do Tarot without invoking spirits!!!!

the guy was facinated with goetia....and invoking spirits with tarot...thats not my type of Tarot!!!!!

Do you practice tarot. reading...with or without spirits!!!!?!?

TheOld

Hello,
I practice tarot reading with and without Spirit.
btw. the sprit come from what we call a worldview and for this particular one the viewpoint is like this "theres is a Spirit in all things, the Spirit is the essence of this thing and it can interract with us"

Just keep in mind that it's only a worldview and if you want to "de-potentialise" it you can just see Spirit as an expression of one of the Archetypes "Universal behiavior" that YOU have in your mind, so no need to fear as it's a part of you !!!!

Have fun and kick the fear in his ASS hehe
Omeada Lusvam

fairyhedgehog

I read without Spirits. I'm a secular humanist (atheist, materialist, whatever ;) ) and for me there is no spirit world, only human psychology. I've never had any trouble with spirits when I'm reading the cards :D

Like TheOld said, it's a case of worldview. There are a lot of different ways of looking at what you're doing when you read tarot cards, it's a case of working out what fits in with your belief system that doesn't freak you out!

Cosmotaroist

ahh thanks....I was totally freaked out earlier....ya...totally have fogoten about the Jungian school....the psychological way of interpretation...phew....

Mignonne

I sometimes invoke and sometimes I don't as well

I don't think it's necessary at all though. Just personal preference.

Rituals aid people, and for some, of course, it's going to lean towards spiritual but it could done from any pov.

:)

Heia

Aren't we all spirits? Except that we're in a physical body for the time being?
When I do a tarot reading, I always tune in the querent more or less consciously. I believe that's the way it works; our souls are communicating on a higher level and we can intuitively interpret the correct significance of the card. I agree with the worldview TheOld refers to. Therefore I have no second thougths considering invoking spirits. I'm comfortable with knowing they're always around us anyway.

memries

I do not read with any spirits showing me as far as I know. Also I am not a Medium but when you study "people" you do understand a lot of things.
So take heart and just study the cards that's all. I am not saying I am the best reader but probably not the worst either.
Knowledge is always the key to everything.

Grizabella

I don't invoke spirits when I read. My belief is that we're tapping into our own subconscious knowledge when using the cards. I'm not athiest, so I do believe in a Higher Consciousness than our own and I believe that also has something to do with it, but that doesn't require my invocation of that entity.

HudsonGray

Yeah! What Lyric said.

Why would anyone want to invoke when they don't need to? The deck works fine without it.

Heia

I believe that energy follows thought. I don't know how you other guys define "invoke", but a single thought is usually enough to call upon their attention. At least that's how it works for me.
It is also my belief that the cards work "without invocation" just because there is a communication at a spiritual level.