Is it just a coincidence?....

Angelo_Amadeo

There have been numerous readings that I've done for others and especially for myself, where strangely the outcomes of almost all of them have been nearly true, such as problems with my family, unexpected love, so on...not immediately though, but only a couple of days after or so and myself and other people have questioned me about it. I really don't know what to think or say, I mean, could it just be that we believe in the meaning of the cards so much that we mix it with what is true?
Has this happened to anyone out there that is more experienced with Tarot? Can someone explain this...situation? Maybe give some insight about what it really is..

With love,

~Angelo~

aranarose

I've had plenty of readings come true. Frustratingly so at times. I don't know why or how it works, I just know it does :)

lilangel09

Basically, your reading abilities worked with the cards.

Angelo_Amadeo said:
I really don't know what to think or say, I mean, could it just be that we believe in the meaning of the cards so much that we mix it with what is true?

Often when reading for myself, I ask that same question... but sometimes, random events I read about really do come true when I had and could not have had prior knowledge of it.

If you read for people you don't know, you don't know anything about them or their situation so you're less likely to question yourself about whether the knowledge is from what you know about them or if it's from divining.

MistressNatasha

Wow!

This never ceases to amaze me! About 2 weeks ago I did a reading for a specific day. It was a simple "Morning-Afternoon-Evening" spread. I could see the first two cards working out but the last made me think the Tarot could have been off. It wasn't until right before I went to sleep that day, that I realized the Tarot had been DEAD-ON!!! I even picked out the correct "event" that happened for the "Morning" card. I'm not saying it was an amazing day; just an amazing reading. :p

Right now I see the Tarot as a way to contact your higher-self or a higher power/being. I see it as a way to look inside yourself and see things you never would have saw before (or are just too stubborn to see!). I do see it as a way to tell the future. But I believe that if I did a reading today of "Morning-Afternoon-Evening" for November 29th, that it would most likely be off compared to a reading the night before. I think the farther away the date, the more likely it is to change. You have control over what you do. When I read cards to future, I tend to think of it as "what will happen in the future if things continue how they are." The Tarot might say you'll marry someone you're dating in about a year. But, sadly, the very next day they could end up getting in a car accident and dying.

But do I think the Tarot is always right? Well... no. Being fairly new to it, I make MANY mistakes! Especially on those - what I call - multiple personality cards; that have to do with both good and bad. Sometimes I think the cards mess up because of me, however. You know... those bad days where you just want to sleep, cry, and/or eat ice cream? That says "BAD ENERGY!!!" all around it! Those are normally when I give terrible readings that only make things worse. =\

I keep going A.D.D. Haha! But, anyway, I also see Tarot as being a way to open up your psychic abilities. Maybe that's what I did when I knew what would happen that one morning. But, really, if you look at Tarot in a very literal way... it's just a deck of (normally) 78 cards. Is there a right or a wrong way to read? It's what we get out of it. It's what we see in it. Am I saying it's all just a deck of cards and we're insane for thinking it can tell us these things? Heck no! I'm just saying that it is what we make of it. Some see the Death card as being a blessing in disguise as starting anew, basically. Others see it as a horrible horrible card. To each his/her own. =] Of course meanings also can change with the deck. :p

I think the Tarot will always be one of those mysterious things that nobody exactly knows how it works. I may think it is a way for us to dabble into our psychic-self and read how we feel it should be read. Someone else might think I'm 100% crazy and that they believe the meanings are practically written in stone.

I hope my long, on-going post (essay, much? :p) gave you a nice somewhat answer-ish to how I view these things. =]

~Mistress Natasha

blackroseivy

Just to quickly put in something: Look into Jung & quantum physics. ;)