Is it possible to be "un-readable"?

Pao

I have been pondering this for a while. is it possible to, i dont know, have a block that keeps some people from fully being read? I had this "psychic" read for me a few months back. boy was I more than upset after sitting there and getting "general" info thrown at me like a form with blank name sections where you just fill in the name accordingly. I thought to myself "people really pay you for this??!!" and later that day I was told by another person who is a frequent client of this "reader" that they are always dead on with them. so then, great I have some sort of superhuman block that keeps me from getting read :confused: :bugeyed: gee i am so special! arrrrgggg. so that is my latest question. is that possible? to be unreadable? and if it is why? because if it is i guess that would explain a lot of sceptics since they can not get read. :bugeyed:

Grizabella

All readers have off times. Maybe you just caught her at an off time. I've seen people say here that some clients aren't readable because they close themselves off on purpose, but I'm assuming you didn't do that. I think you have to take a lot of things into consideration.

For one thing, your friend might think the reader was spot on because she used generalities that could fit anyone. If she did that to you, you wouldn't find it accurate because you knew it was just general book meanings.

It could have been an off day for the reader.

We just don't always make a good connection with every reader we have read for us.

She could have been tired or not feeling well.

She could be at the point of burnout either with reading or with other parts of her life.

She wasn't meant to know the information about your life that the cards could have otherwise given her.

There are probably more, but I'm mixing packing with posting, so it's distracting me. :p

Pao

:D go pack woman! actually this was not a tarot reader, it was a psychic, just talked is all. and I was really wanting some guidance so I doubt I closed myself up in anyway. what bothered me is that we spoke for 5min before beginning, then from what i had said which I assumed was short conversation to feel more comfortable with a stranger this person began repeating it back to me as part of the reading. the rest was general "you need to trust yourself. you have been tired.there is an older woman who loves you." :bugeyed: I was like what?? yea dude my MOTHER! what. off day, i get. I mean i am so often on the other side so i am not judgmental at all on this topic. thats why i thought it my fault. I thought ok I cant be read. I have a block, if this guy is great then I suck here. which is why I wonder.

*UnReAdAbLe PaO*

Feretian

Boo, Psychic, Boo!

But Pao, is there a teensy chance that you don't want to hear what is being said? We all have a "shadow" self, who sorta mirrors what we can't/won't accept about ourselves.

Just a thought.

I'm pulling for you, Pao! :heart:

Moonboy

I had the same thing happen to me. We all went to see one of the "best" psychics in NYC (shall remain nameless)----she freaked everyone out, but when she got to me, she couldn't do it, and I think I scared HER! LOL. I believe she works at McDonalds now...gave up the psychic job ;)

Sinduction

I have found one person that I cannot read for. But I'm sure that reason is not the same as what happened to you.

There is this guy I know. So nice, I mean really, really nice, but absolutely nothing going on upstairs. He's a big strong guy but not a deep thinker at all. He's also very solitary. I cannot read for him simply because there is nothing to read about. He is alone, no family, no romantic wants, same job that is ok with him. He has all he needs and doesn't want anything else. I can't say I've ever met anyone else like him.

So yeah, he is unreadable for me.

But since I know this is not the case for you, maybe chalk it up to her having a bad day? I've been to psychic readers that do the same with me as well. And I know I'm wide open! One guy kept telling me how I reminded him of Cher, whom he met once in the 70's. Yeah, like I care about Cher. I wanna know about me!!!!! :D

Go see someone else instead!

Pao

:laugh: lol!! Sin & Moonboy you guys are too funny!

I dont think I was closing myself up Feretian because I didnt know what I would hear since it was a general reading supposedly. i just wanted to hear SOMETHING related to me :( I hope i dont come accross someone i cant read for, that would suck for me, i'd feel so bad...

celticnoodle

oh Pao. I know how irritating and upsetting that can be when it happens to you. That said, it could be as simple as Griz mentioned--any of the things she mentioned. and now, THAT SAID-yes, I believe there are some people who are just very difficult to read/un-readable.

My mother's best friend, "P" is like that. Reading her is like reading for a brick wall. No expressions from her at all, she just sits there and looks at you, and it's nerve wracking to say the least! No emotions! I've never read for her, but have been with my mother and she at other tarot readers and psychics, and have watched her.

My sister once had a really well known psychic/tarot reader come to her house and read for a party. I was in the party, and I went first. The reader is very well known and my family have been to her numerous times before. While reading for me, it was NOTHING to do with me, but all about my sister and my daughter--which happens frequently for me! Often I get readings that I cannot identify with, but realize it's for someone quite close to me--usually the daughter, but that time it was mostly for my sister. I was quite aggravated, as she was quite expensive, even for a party deal and I walked away knowing everything that she was going to say for my sister.

I recall that party vividly--when I came out, my sister kept asking me, "So what did she say to you?" and I couldn't tell her anything, as I knew it was all for her.

Don't give up though, Pao, as it can just be that this particular reader cannot read you. I do have other psychics and tarot card readers I go to that do a fantastic job reading me! Including many here, btw.

Rosanne

Trouble is Pao- is that you do not know what the other sitters took from their reading. For instance the reader might have said there is a caring woman- and they might have thought "How Perceptive" and not added two and two together like you did.
Many moons ago I went to a reader who took from the cards (she said) that I was recently out of a marriage, amongst other general things. My friend said "wow! How did the cards know that?" Me the skeptic said "well she was looking at my left hand a lot" My ring finger minus the ring had a white band from the years of wearing a wedding ring. It was pretty obvious really- as were the other general statements. I went and found a reader who could read the cards and not my body. If the card reader has a block and of course that happens-they should tell you, and you should tell them when they are not reading properly for you. I am sure there are very few people that could be termed 'unreadable' unless they are going fishing- which many sitters do.
Go find a card reader. Happy Hunting!
~Rosanne

Grizabella

Pao said:
:D go pack woman!

I do take breaks from packing, sassy girl! :p In fact, I've spent most of the afternoon trying to untangle things with the phone, cable and light company to get everything turned on over there. What a mess---that made me feel tireder than packing.

I think psychic readings can fall under all those categories I mentioned, too, but it sounds to me like maybe this was just one of those psychic readers who uses generalities instead of a genuine psychic reading.

To be perfectly honest with you, I'd make a guess that the most ethical, trustworthy and truthful readers you'll ever find are right here on AT. I don't think there are that many real readers out in the general public in any given area. You see how many here say they want to read but then make a website and want to do online readings. You don't see that many who have the courage to actually go out and read for the public in person and set up shop. So I think it's a safe guess that you got ahold of one of the cold readers or whatever they're called.