Is It Wrong... To Use or Do...

jrr01

ok the Tarot concist of 78 Cards 22 Major Arcana & 56 Minor Arcana, Would it be wrong if I only use the 56 Minor Arcana to do readings...?

Thanks in Advance :)

firecatpickles

No, not wrong.

You can also use a deck of playing cards or remove the minors & use majors only.

Promise

I don't think anything in Tarot is "wrong", per se.

It's all about what you feel works best for you and what you're most comfortable with. You could do it either way; use minors-only or majors-only.

If that's what works best for you, or if it helps you make better sense of things, by all means, go for it!

Lexie

I don't think it's wrong, but I prefer to use all the cards..:) Usually what you feel is right, is right indeed..

mosaica

It's not wrong, but I'm just curious about why you would want to do that. I've been thinking of doing the same thing with a certain deck, but using only the majors. I've never heard of anyone using only minors before.

Mosaica

berrieh

It's not "wrong" but it is removing some of the forces of life out of the reading. The Big Lessons, the Karmic and Universal truths... they won't be there. If you're only looking to see the human and mundane side of things, I suppose it would make sense. You won't have those hefty Majors hitting you over the head.

I am curious on the reason as well. Is this forever to take them out or for a specific purpose?

Aristede

I always wondered about this too. I went to a reader once who had me shuffle the major and minor cards separately. She did the main part of the reading with the minor cards only, and then she drew from the majors for more information, or to clarify something. I thought the reading was really good. She used the Thoth deck.

Grizabella

Nothing is really wrong. You develop whatever style works for you with the cards, and you develop it by experimenting with different ways of using them.

It does seem to me that if you take out the Majors entirely, you'll be missing out on some important aspects of your readings. Especially taking out the Majors.

You might want to try just reading with a deck of playing cards if you don't want to read with a whole Tarot deck. :)

Sinduction

I really never get tired of saying this..... There are no rules in Tarot.

Do whatever works for you. :D

jrr01

Thanks

The Majors seem so hard to read or inturpert, rather the Minors are so easy and in your face interpittions...